Music Forward Foundation grants a considerable number of scholarships every year to students with different qualifications skills. These scholarships help learners get the opportunity to show their talent and win a scholarship that can help them in meeting up with their educational expenses. The following grant was set up in the memory of David E. Ballard, with the help of the Living Legacy Foundation. The grant awards $10,000 to the one splendid candidate. The grant upholds youth who have encountered homelessness and been a part of the foster care framework seeking a profession in live entertainment.
For the following grant, the field of study might incorporate yet isn’t restricted to live event operations, production, music engineering, music business management, customer service, hospitality, and/or other related fields. To be eligible, the candidate should be a full-time undergraduate understudy with at least 60 credits procured, enlisted at a licensed school or college at the hour of grant in the fall semester, and should be seeking a career in live entertainment. The candidate should be for all time living in the USA and should have a combined GPA of 2.75 or higher. This grant will be paid straightforwardly to a certified instructive institution in two equivalent installments of $5000, appropriated across no less than two academic semesters.
As a part of the House of Blues and Live Nation Entertainment family, Music Forward Foundation motivates aspiration and passion towards reconsidering what’s feasible for the youngsters and the business they serve. Focusing on youngsters ages 13-24 in underserved networks, they set up for progress by giving studios and exhibits to move the coming generation of music industry pioneers, innovators, and artists.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Music Forward Foundation|
|Education Level||College and university student|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate student with a minimum of 60 credits earned, enrolled at an accredited college or university at the time of award in the fall semester.
- Applicant must be pursuing a career in live entertainment. Field of study may include but is not limited to: live event operations, production, music engineering, music business management, customer service, hospitality, and/or other related fields.
- Applicants who have experienced homelessness within the last four years and/or been part of the foster care system any time after sixteen are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be permanently residing in the U.S.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
How to Apply?
The candidates who qualify the eligibility criteria of the following grant will have to write an essay on how their experiences with homelessness and/or foster care have shaped their goals related to pursuing a career in live entertainment. The essay should not exceed 500 words and include the student’s long-term professional goals within the entertainment industry.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- Provide a student copy of their college transcript to confirm GPA
- Submit a resume or CV
- Provide proof of enrollment from the educational institution
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation from industry professionals and/or instructor(s)
- Provide either a proof of dependency letter or an Independent Student Status Form completed by one of the following: school liaison, caseworker, social services provider, or campus financial aid administrator
The Music Forward Foundation will award one lucky candidate a grant worth $10,000 who most qualifies the purpose and eligibility requirements of the scholarship. This grant will be paid straightforwardly to a certified instructive organization in two equivalent installments of $5000, appropriated across no less than two academic semesters
The applications for the following scholarship are open, and there is no specific deadline mentioned. Therefore, the candidates interested in the scholarship are advised to apply as soon as possible before the scheme expires.