Dartmouth College is the ninth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and one of the nine colonial colleges chartered before the American Revolution.
The university provides undergraduate instruction in 40 academic departments and interdisciplinary programs including 57 majors in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering.
With a student enrollment of about 6,400, Dartmouth is the smallest university in the Ivy League. Dartmouth is well known for its fierce school spirit and many traditions. With 10.5% Dartmouth College Acceptance Rate, admission to the university is very competitive.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Dartmouth?
- The average GPA at Dartmouth is 4.06.
- This makes Dartmouth Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.06, Dartmouth requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is Dartmouth An Ivy League School?
- Dartmouth is the smallest university in the Ivy League.
- Dartmouth has graduated over 1,000 Native American students from over 200 different tribes, more than the other seven Ivy League universities combined.
- Dartmouth employs a total of 607 tenured or tenure-track faculty members, including the highest proportion of female tenured professors among the Ivy League universities.
Dartmouth Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at Dartmouth, but they really want to see at least 1410 to have a chance at being considered.
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What Is a Good ACT Score At Dartmouth?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Dartmouth?
- The average ACT score composite at Dartmouth is a 32.
Is Dartmouth a Prestigious School?
- Dartmouth College is a private institution that was founded in 1769.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 4,310, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 237 acres.
- Dartmouth provides the curricular breadth of its larger rivals with a feeling more like a liberal arts college.
What Is Dartmouth Best Known For?
- Dartmouth’s alumni are known for their devotion to the college.
- Dartmouth is known for its undergraduate focus, strong Greek culture, and a wide array of enduring campus traditions.
- Its 34 varsity sports teams compete intercollegiate in the Ivy League conference of the NCAA Division I.
- Dartmouth is well known for its fierce school spirit and many traditions.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the Dartmouth?
Dartmouth College’s Cost Of Attendance 2018-2019
The directly-billed charges include tuition, fees, housing, and food. You will be billed for these charges approximately six weeks before each term starts.
- Tuition: $53,496
- Fees*: $1,539
- Housing: $9,504
- Food*: $6,252
Estimated Indirect Costs
Plan to arrive on campus with sufficient funds for your out-of-pocket expenses. You will need an average of $1,100 per term to pay for your own books, supplies, laundry, toiletries etc. These indirect costs will not appear on your college bill.
- Books: $1,005
- : $2,040
- TOTAL: $73,836*
* First-Year Students have additional fees associated with the orientation of $418. Total first-year cost of attendance is $74,254.
What Majors are Dartmouth Known for?
- The most popular majors at Dartmouth College include Social Sciences, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Engineering, History, and Psychology.
- Dartmouth, a liberal arts institution, offers a four-year Bachelor of Arts and ABET-accredited Bachelor of Engineering degree to undergraduate students.
- The college has 39 academic departments offering 56 major programs, while students are free to design special majors or engage in dual majors.
- Dartmouth offers 57 different off-campus programs, including Foreign Study Programs, Language Study Abroad programs, and Exchange Programs.
How Much Is Tuition at Dartmouth?
Below are the most recent tuition rates and cost estimates for an academic year:
|Books & Supplies||$1,850||$900|
|Room & Board||$13,800||N/A|
|Total One-Year Budget||$95,776||$40,054|
Is Dartmouth a Public Or Private School?
- Dartmouth College is a private Ivy League research university in Hanover, New Hampshire, United States.
- Dartmouth comprises five constituent schools: the original undergraduate college, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, and the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies.
- Dartmouth is home to three separate graduate schools.
What Is SAT Score Required For the Dartmouth?
What are Dartmouth’s average SAT scores? In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into Dartmouth.
- The average SAT score composite at Dartmouth is 1500.