Darat al Funun-The Khalid Shoman Foundation is delighted to announce the 2019-2020 Darat al Funun Dissertation Fellowship to encourage research on the modern and contemporary art of the Arab world. The fellowship is open to Ph.D. candidates in the humanities and social sciences.
They aim to provide a platform for contemporary Arab artists, to support art practices and artistic exchange, to stimulate critical discourse, and to research, document, and archive Arab art. The fellowship duration must range from 4-6 months of residency at Darat al Funun in Amman.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applications are welcome from students enrolled in any university worldwide.
- Open to Ph.D. candidates in the humanities and social sciences
How to Apply & Fellowship Rules:
To participate in this fellowship, application materials should either be emailed (in PDF or Word format, with each document clearly labeled with your name) or posted.
- Emailed to- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted to- Darat al Funun Dissertation Fellowship, Darat al Funun-The Khalid Shoman Foundation, P.O. Box 5223, Amman, Jordan 11183
- Applicants should send a research proposal, also specifying their desired period of stay during the academic year 2019-20
- two letters of recommendation,
- a writing sample
- V., and
- Official transcript.
- Priority will be given to proposals that indicate the role of Darat al Funun’s archive.
- Fellows are expected to pursue their own research, give at least one public lecture, and participate in Darat al Funun’s cultural and artistic activities.
- Upon completion of the fellowship, fellows are required to submit a five to the seven-page research report that will be made available on Darat al Funun’s website.
- Fellowship funding is intended to compensate all travel and stipend expenses.
- Darat al Funun will, in addition, provide housing and office space.
One to two fellowships will be granted each year. Applications are welcome in Arabic or English by December 15, 2018, with notice of award by 15 March 2019.
For specific questions about the fellowship contact email@example.com