As we all know that music owns healing power. It means music can heal you and help you get rid of your worries at least for few hours. Nowadays, music has become more than a hobby for students as they are taking interest in pursuing a full-time career in this field. As a field of study, music has its own specialties and requires a mixture of creativity, discipline, and communication to its learners. Studying music education provides multiple benefits such as it helps enhance communication and learning skills, creativity, and teamwork. It also helps its learners to develop an effective personality, make an impact on others and get success both personal and professional life. So if you are one of those music enthusiasts who aspire to obtain further education in the same field abroad, then you have landed at the right place. DAAD is now giving students from across the world a chance to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study.
The purpose of this program is not only to assist students to gain further education in their chosen field in Germany but also to promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. There are many students who dream to study abroad but are unable to fulfill their dreams because of their monetary problems. DAAD knows that studying abroad is not easy as it requires an investment of lots of money. When it comes to taking admission at a leading music college in a whole new country, students and their families feel pressure and find it really difficult to manage things like funding education, finding a suitable place to live, etc. This DAAD Music Scholarship is the single solution for all the problems of those students dealing with financial issues in advancing their education in the field of music. This funding opportunity seems to be a boon for music students and will give them chance to boost their learning journey and take their careers to the next level.
The DAAD is considered the largest funding organization that supports student exchange programs and researchers. This foundation came into existence in 1925 and provided 2.6 million scholars from Germany and from other parts of the world with funding for their education and research. It is a registered organization with German institutions of higher education and student bodies as its members. Apart from providing funds to students, it supports the internationalization of German universities, aid developing countries to establish effective educational institutions, and provides effective advice to decision-makers on the matter of culture, education, and development policy.
Please have a look at this table to get quick information
|Educational Level||Postgraduate students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||September 27, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the field of Music at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study program; if this is not possible, you should have at least exhausted all the training options available for your instrument in your country of origin.
How to Apply?
All interested aspirants can apply just by submitting their candidature through the online portal of DAAD. The following documents need to be submitted to be selected for this amazing funding opportunity:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. The DAAD reserves the right to request certified copies of the documents.
- Letter of acceptance from the host university
- A current Transcript of Records with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system
- University degree certificate indicating final grade
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
- Proof of knowledge of the language of instruction (German or English).The language certificate should be no more than two years old.
Please send these documents above through the DAAD’s online portal to become a part of this program.
As a part of this program, you will receive the following perk:
- A monthly payment of 861 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
The applications will be accepted until September 27, 2021. If you are interested in becoming a part of this program, then send your application today.