Applications are open for the German Writing and Video Competition 2018. To all Learners and Lovers of German, it’s time again to release your creative spirit and enter the annual writing DAAD/IMLR writing competition!
Ready, get set, go! Or rather: lights, camera, action! The competition is not only about written texts: everyone eligible to register should send a video alongside the written script. It is open for the students at secondary schools/ sixth form colleges.
The competition is cooperation between DAAD London, The Institute of Modern Languages Research (IMLR) and the Goethe Institute London. It is also kindly supported by the German and the Swiss Embassies London and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Students at secondary schools/ Sixth Form Colleges
- German mother tongue speakers and
- Anybody else who feels up to the challenge.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://ssl.daad.de/limesurvey/survey/index
- Submissions are welcome from single authors and from pairs or groups of contributors, and they must be entered online.
- The video should mainly capture what makes the ‘trace’ special. How is it connected to German, Austrian or Swiss culture?
- The short film should feature German-language dialogue or voice-over and not exceed 3 minutes.
- Note the following details regarding your video contribution: The file needs to be converted into one of the following video formats: mpeg4, avi, mkv, flv.
- A workshop on 26 November 2018 on exile life in London (for all prize winners)
- VIP guided tours to/ tickets for events relating to German Language culture in London
- DVD prizes
The deadline for registration and upload is October 5, 2018.
For further questions regarding your submission, contact Silke Bottcher, email@example.com