Coastal Virginia Building Industry or CVBIA is formerly known as the Tidewater Builders Association is ready to help you in reducing your academic stress by awarding some funds. Be ready to get your education funded with the simple process as CVBIA is introducing its precious CVBIA Foundation Scholarship. To be eligible, you must be a high school senior residing in Chesapeake, Eastern Shore of Virginia, Franklin, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Southampton County, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, Williamsburg, and the counties of Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Mathews, and York. Applicants should be United States citizens.
The program is designed to provide considerable financial support to the deserving students who are dedicated to their careers and looking for some funds to pay their academics expenses. It motivates the students to do better in their careers and be the best in their fields with the help of education. The scholarship is initiated to make education easy and accessible for deserving students. The firm wants to contribute toward the growth of the country and the society by giving it, well-educated professionals.
Tidewater Builders Association and the Peninsula Housing & Builders Association have joined forces to become the Coastal Virginia Building Industry Association a regional association with a stronger and more united voice on all the issues that impact the industry. Coastal Virginia Building Industry Association is a local not-for-profit trade organization representing more than 500 companies in Southeastern Virginia involved with all aspects of the residential building industry. CVBIA has worked tirelessly on behalf of its members to protect the integrity of the shelter industry. It has saved members and ultimately, homeowners – countless dollars over the decades by Introducing legislation to protect housing availability and affordability for thousands of local homeowners.
Follow the table mentioned below for a quick view of the scholarship:
|Educational Level||Degree students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||March 7, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, Transcript, Resume|
Who May Be Eligible?
Interested students should take a look at the eligibility requirements mentioned below:
- You must be a high school senior residing in Chesapeake, Eastern Shore of Virginia, Franklin, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Southampton County, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, Williamsburg, and the counties of Gloucester, isle of wight, James City, Mathews and York.
- Applicants should be a United States citizen.
- The fellow should demonstrate financial need.
- Candidates must pursue a four-year degree beginning in the fall immediately following your high school graduation.
How to Apply
Only the eligible candidates should download the application form and fill it with all the required details and the materials mandatory to be considered for the scholarship. The firm will disqualify late or incomplete applications. The scholarship authority will reject applications with invalid data. Fellows should complete the form and attach all the needed supporting documents and mail to CVBIA, 2117, Smith Ave., Suite A, Chesapeake, VA 23320.
- Transcript of high school records, including the first semester of your senior year should be submitted.
- SAT scores, two or more evaluations or recommendations made by your teachers, counselors, or community service provides in support of your application.
- Full resume, a description of why you deserve this scholarship should be sent.
- Parents or guardians 2019 or 2020 Federal income tax return and FAFSA should be attached.
Selected students will receive enough funds to pay their educational expenses. Seven $5000 scholarships were awarded in 2020. These funds should be utilized to pay the educational expenses of the students like tuition, fees, books, room, or other mandatory needs. This scholarship motivates the candidates to do better in their academics and complete their dreams with the help of education.
Applications with all the necessary materials should be submitted before March 7, 2021, to be considered.