CTIA is a trade association representing the wireless communications industry in the United States invite applications for the 5th Annual Drive Smart Contest. This competition is open to the applicants who are between the ages of 13 and 18 at the time of entry and have a master’s degree in law, social and political sciences, anthropology or a related discipline.
Who May Eligible:
- The competition is open to legal residents of the fifty United States (U.S.), the District of Columbia (D.C.), and Puerto Rico
- who are between the ages thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) at the time of entry and who live in and have legal status to reside in the U.S., D.C., or Puerto Rico
- can provide proof of such status; have valid consent of a parent/legal guardian (if a minor) to enter the Contest; agree to all laws and tax obligations of theU.S. and the jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico
- Inorder to be eligible, applicants must:
- hold a master’s degree in law, social and political sciences, anthropology or a related discipline
- have obtained their degree at the time of application or demonstrate convincingly that they will have that degree in hand by July 1, 2019
- be fluent in English as their working language and as their primary publication language
- spend longer periods of time abroad for fieldwork and participate in international conferences
How to Apply for the Competition:
To win the competition, you need to do register through the given link:
- Employees and their immediate family members, officers, directors, advisors, or agents of the By Kids For Kids Company or The Wireless Foundation and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, judges, webmasters, web suppliers, and other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- In addition to conforming to the requirements of these Official Rules, each entry must:
- Be a video between fifteen (15) seconds and sixty (60) seconds in length, whose message is to convince teens of the dangers of distracted driving and the importance of not texting while driving (“Digital Short);
- Be submitted as an uploaded file (either .mov, .wmv, or .mpg4) or link;
- Be in the American English language
- Be submitted through the Contest entry workspace on the Website.
- Be received and recorded by the Administrator’s Contest computer by January 6, 2019, at 11:59 PM (EST).
The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The prizes are as follows:
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive: (1) a scholarship in the amount of $10,000.00 to be issued in the form of a check; and (2) a check to his/her teacher/mentor in the amount of $1,000.00 (ARV: $11,000.00 USD).
- Two (2) runner-up’s will each receive: (1) a scholarship in the amount of $5,000.00 to be issued in the form of a check; and (2) a check to their teacher/mentor in the amount of $500.00 (ARV: $11,000.00 USD)
- Three (3) finalists will each receive: (1) a scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to be issued in the form of a check; and (2) a check to their teacher/mentor in the amount of $250.00 (ARV: $3,750.00 USD)
- Fourteen (14) semifinalists will each receive: (1) a certificate of achievement; and (2) a letter from The Wireless Foundation acknowledging their accomplishment (ARV:$0.00 USD)
The Contest begins on October 15, 2018, at 12:00 Noon (EST) and ends on January 6, 2019, at 11:59 PM (EST).