The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) is pleased to announce the “Call for Proposals” for its CTBUH Student Research Competition. The Competition is open to students of any degree level who are under the guidance of a professor of the same university.
The CTBUH will provide an award of $20,000 to be recognized at the CTBUH 2018 Conference to be held in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE, from 20-25 October 2018.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The Student Research Competition is open to students under the guidance of a professor, while the CTBUH Research Seed Funding initiative is aimed specifically at research professionals.
- The students – working as individuals or in groups – will be guided by a professor of the same university, who will act as the liaison between the CTBUH and the research team.
- This program is open to students of any degree level.
- the students must focus on a research question related to this theme and create an engaging output as a response.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit with an additional maximum one-page curriculum vitae and prior research track record for each student in the team, including commentary on institution represented (up to a maximum of 3 team members).
- Submit as completed PDF to email@example.com.
- The file submitted and all its attachments should not exceed 5MB.
- Note: The Student Research Competition is open to students under the guidance of a professor, while the CTBUH Research Seed Funding initiative is aimed specifically at research professionals. It is therefore not possible to submit a proposal to both programs.
- The topic of the third edition of the Student Research Competition is “Façade Performance Against Climate (i.e., wind, humidity, etc.) or Risks (i.e., fire, etc.).”Therefore, the students must focus on a research question related to this theme and create an engaging output as a response. It is up to the student group to interpret that theme, and outline how their research will address it, including how the funds will be used to support the intended outcome.
- All applications must be submitted in English. All proposals should include information/details necessary
for the jury to understand the research ideas and anticipated outcomes.
- The award for this competition will be provided by Underwriters Laboratories, in the amount of $20,000, paid in two installments of $10,000.
- CTBUH will facilitate the transfer of funds to the appropriate university through the professor involved with this project to support the students in their research activities.
- The award funds are intended to finance the student’s research work and may be used to cover all expenses which serve this purpose (including the necessary equipment and material, travel expenses directly related to the research itself, etc.).
- Note: the budget cannot be used to cover costs to attend the CTBUH conference and collect the award, or to disseminate the findings at conferences, symposiums, etc. It needs to be used for the actual research in some way.
The application deadline is Thursday, May 31, 2018 (12 pm Chicago time).
To express your interest in participating prior to this date, to discuss the suitability of your proposal in more detail or to ask any questions, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.