- December 4, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Fellowships, International Students
Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is pleased to announce the CRG International PhD Fellowships program. They are recruiting highly talented and motivated students of any nationality, with backgrounds in biological or biomedical sciences, physics, chemistry, mathematics and/or computer science.
Fellows will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training program, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialized scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training and career development activities, Ph.D. symposia and retreats, as well as social activities.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The call is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Candidates must have obtained a university degree and a masters degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent university degree that allows starting a Ph.D. thesis in the candidate’s home country by September 2019.
- Candidates who expect to be awarded such degree by September 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience and a strong commitment to scientific research.
- Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English.
- Candidates invited to previous Ph.D. call interviews are not eligible.
- Preferably, candidates may not have worked at the CRG for more than 6 months before the call deadline.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition, you need to do register through the given link:
- The online application form requests all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (general information, education, coursework, honors, scholarships, prizes and awards, research experience, scientific interests, and reference letters.)
- If the academic transcripts are not in Catalan, Spanish or English applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above-mentioned
- Applicants should select a minimum of 2 labs and a maximum of 5 in which they would like to work.
- Two reference letters will be automatically requested to the referees proposed by the candidate through the online system.
- Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline, including the reference letters.
- For this call the following grants will be offered:
- 4 fellowships through the “Contratos predoctoral Severo-Ochoa para la Formación de doctors” 2018 call funded by the MINECO (“Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad”). (herein referred to as Severo Ochoa Grants).
- Up to 6 fellowships associated with the “Proyectos I+D Excelencia/Retos” 2018 Call funded by MINECO (herein referred to as FPI-project Grants).
- 3 fellowships through the Chrome design”Innovative Training Network” (herein referred to as ITN Grants) to Luciano Di Croce lab (2) and to Marc Martí-Renom lab (1). Candidates for these positions must undertake trans-national mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call
- Selected Ph.D. students will receive an annual work contract with a competitive salary that will be renewed annually for a maximum of 4 years ( 3-year contract for ITNs) following the applicable national regulations. All Ph.D. students will receive full health and occupational insurance coverage and will be included in the Spanish Social Security System.
- Training and other benefits: CRG fellows will benefit from the CRG Research and Training Programme, which includes:
- International scientific environment. CRG is located in Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB), a cluster for biomedical research in southern Europe, which includes several other biomedical research institutions and more than 1000 researchers
- Advanced research training (training through research, specific scientific and technology courses and a variety of CRG seminars and CRG/PRBB conferences with international invited speakers)
- Career development activities (Courses@CRG, INTERVALS Programme offered to PRBB residents)
- Cutting- edge advanced core facilities
- Other initiatives and activities organized by the PRBB and CRG
- Student community activities (Annual Retreat & Annual Symposium)
The application will close on January 13, 2019.
For any additional information, contact the Academic Office at the academic office (email@example.com)