Applications are open for Photo Competition organized by Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies at Cornell University. The photographs in the Einaudi Center’s annual photo competition tell a story as diverse as the students who capture them. The competition is open for Cornell students who have registered for the fall 2018 semester.
The center sponsors the competition each year to highlight the diversity of international student research at Cornell, to inform the university community about this research, and to showcase the people and beauty of the places visited by Cornell students.
Who May Eligible:
Entries will be accepted from Cornell students registered for the fall 2018 semester who receive awards from the following sources:
- Einaudi Center International Travel Research Grant
- Travel awards from the Einaudi Center’s programs
- Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program
- Fulbright-Hays DDRA Program
- Tang Internships
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application forms and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permission for Photographing Adult.pdf
- Permission for Photographing Minor Child.pdf
- Aesthetically pleasing photographs taken by the student that are informative in demonstrating graduate research in international cultures.
- Photographs must be taken between November 1, 2017, and October 26, 2018.
- They must be high-resolution digital photos (300 dpi and at least 2400 X 3000 pixels) in JPEG format that are not resized.
- A maximum of three photos per person.
- If photos are taken in settings other than public places like parks and streets, the photographer should obtain a model release from the individual photographed. Parents must sign such a release on behalf of minors under 18. See the attached PDFs for the model release forms.
- Each photo should be accompanied by a caption and a description that includes when and where the photo was taken, who appears in the photo (name and affiliation), and how the photo is related to your study or research.
- By submitting photographs, you confirm that you have read and agreed to the conditions in the Eligibility and Submission Guidelines sections.
Three prizes are awarded: First prize ($300), second prize ($200), and third prize ($100)
Deadline for submission of entries is October 26, 2018.