With an acceptance rate 14.1%, Cornell is a large, primarily residential research university with a majority of enrollments in undergraduate programs. It is decentralized, with its colleges and schools exercising wide autonomy.
Cornell offers 90 formal major fields, listed below, as well as challenging dual-degree programs and a score of interdisciplinary majors that cross traditional departmental boundaries.
Cornell enrolls students from all 50 U.S. states and more than 120 countries. The student body consists of more than 14,000 undergraduate and 7,000 graduate students from all 50 American states and more than 120 countries.
Cornell University was intended to teach and make contributions in all fields of knowledge—from the classics to the sciences, and from the theoretical to the applied. The acceptance rate at the Cornell University is 14.1%.
Table of Contents
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Cornell University?
Want to know what are Cornell’s average GPA scores?
- The average GPA at Cornell is 4.04.
- This makes Cornell Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.04, Cornell requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is Cornell University An Ivy League School?
- Cornell is one of three private land grant universities in the United States and the only one in New York.
- Cornell ranked fifth among universities in the U.S. in fund-raising, collecting $591 million in private support.
Cornell University Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at Cornell, but they really want to see at least 1410 to have a chance at being considered.
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What Is a Good ACT Score At Cornell University?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Cornell?
- 32 is an average ACT score composite at Cornell University.
Is Cornell University a Prestigious School?
- Cornell University is a private institution that was established in 1865.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 14,566, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 745 acres.
- The student body consists of more than 14,000 undergraduate and 7,000 graduate students from all 50 American states and more than 120 countries.
What is Cornell University Best Known For?
- Cornell is well known for its top-ranked College of Veterinary Medicine and the highly esteemed School of Hotel Administration.
- Cornell is also best known for being one of the world’s greatest centers for the study of Southeast Asia.
- COE runs one of the largest pre-freshman summer programs known as Outdoor Odyssey.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the Cornell University?
Check out what it actually costs to go to Cornell University.
- Cornell’s estimated cost of attendance is based on tuition, fees, housing, dining, books, supplies, and personal items for a full-time student attending for both the fall and spring semesters.
- Cost of Attendance at the Cornell University is $70,371.
- This fee is comprised of $50,712 for tuition, $13,900 room and board, $910 for books and supplies and $241 for other fees.
What Majors are Cornell University Known for?
- Cornell is a large, primarily residential research university with a majority of enrollments in undergraduate programs.
- Cornell operates on a 4–1–4 academic calendar with the fall term beginning in late August and ending in early December, a three-week winter session in January, and the spring term beginning in late January and ending in early May.
- Cornell offers undergraduate curricula with international focuses, including the Africana Studies, French Studies, German Studies, Jewish Studies, Latino Studies, Near Eastern Studies, Romance Studies, and Russian Literature majors.
- In addition to traditional academic programs, Cornell students may study abroad on any of six continents.
How Much Is Tuition at Cornell University?
Cornell University for the 2017–18 academic school year (excluding travel allowances) is estimated below:
|Tuition and student activities fee||
|Books and supplies||
|Personal and Misc. expenses||
Is Cornell University a Public Or Private School?
- Its seven undergraduate colleges, three are state-supported statutory or contract colleges through the State University of New York (SUNY) system, including its agricultural and human ecology colleges as well as its industrial labor relations school.
- Its graduate schools include the highly ranked S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management, College of Engineering, Law School and Weill Cornell Medical College.
What Is SAT Score Required For the Cornell University?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Cornell University? In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into Cornell.
- The average SAT score composite at Cornell is 1480.
- Cornell University typically requires applicants to be in the top 5 percent of SAT test takers.