Your ideas could earn you world travel and global networking with the greatest minds in the corporate real estate. CoreNet Global is pleased to announce its 2018-19 Academic Challenge sponsored by Cushman & Wakefield and KI Furniture.
Through the competition, they are inviting students from around the world to think creatively about a problem facing real estate professionals for renowned companies like Google, Duke Energy, AstraZeneca, Whirlpool, and many others.
Travel the world with an all-expense paid trip to one of our Global Summits in Asia or North America. Challenge your mind power by competing with your peers from around the world. Gain international experience. Connect with experts. Win the US $5,000 for your team.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open to students of all disciplines pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree at a recognized degree-awarding institution, such as a University, Grande École, College or Fachhochschule, hereafter referred to as “University,” on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Each student must be currently enrolled in classes at their host university throughout the competition, and not have more than 7 years prior professional experience.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link:
- All communication, correspondence, and submission documents must be in English.
- Employees of CoreNet Global and their family members are not allowed to enter the competition.
- Also, students currently involved in an internship, apprenticeship or summer placement with CoreNet Global are not eligible to take part in the competition.
- Three teams, with a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) students each, will be selected to compete onsite at the CoreNet Global North American Summit, a professional conference for 3,000+ corporate real estate professionals from around the world, to be held in Boston, MA, 14-17 October 2018.
- Interested students will be required to submit a registration form and then respond to the challenge, as discussed herein. Based on the quality of their submission, three teams will be invited to participate in the Boston Finals.
- To aid in the team selection process, each team must respond to the questions below and provide all the requested contact information.
- Limit your responses to no more than 350 words each.
- Based on the “Business Case” description above, how will your team prepare to compete in Boston? What are your initial plans to research the technological disruptors discussed in this document in order to gain additional insights?
- Submit 5-10 questions that you would like answered by the professionals with whom you will interact in Boston in order to better understand the challenges and opportunities of this project. What unique strengths does your team possess that will enable you to deliver a sound strategy to the CEO? What makes you a winning team and why should you be selected to compete?
- In your team’s opinion, what is the single greatest challenge facing multinational corporation today? What is the single greatest opportunity facing multinational corporation today?
- The competition is open to teams of two (2) to four (4) students; team members may be from different academic programs within one institution, and/or teams may be comprised of students from more than one institution.
- Ideally, each team should be comprised of a diverse range of students from different disciplines, such as (and not limited to) architecture/design, engineering, business, finance, and science. Interdisciplinary teams may have an advantage when it comes to addressing this challenge.
- Each team must have a faculty advisor from their home institution, and their contact information must be included on the team’s registration form.
- It is expected that faculty advisors will travel to the competition with their team.
- In addition, each team must appoint a Team Leader.
- The Team Leader will be the main contact point for CoreNet Global, and emails sent to the email address provided by the Team Leader will be considered delivered.
The winning team will be awarded US$5,000
The application deadline is 30 November 2018.