In support of women of colour, Contra Costa NOW is now launching an outstanding scholarship program for fall 2021. This foundation has designed this funding program to uplift women of colour, support their higher education and improve their condition. This scholarship will recognize and reward those women who show leadership in their community as an activist. Participation in this program requires enrollment in or transfer to an accredited non-profit college or university for Fall 2021. Permanent residency in Contra Costa County is highly required. Moreover, candidates must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Contra Costa Now knows the struggle of women of colour, and that is why it wants to empower them through its scholarship program. The scholarship will encourage such women to do better during their education period without worrying about their financial circumstances, become whatever they want to be, and make their marks on the field they are interested in. The application process is very easy. All they need to do is to download an online application form and complete it with all correct and complete information. They will need to email this form with the required documents to Contra Costa NOW.
Contra Costa NOW is a San Francisco Bay Area chapter of the National Organization for Women. It is considered to be one of the oldest and main feminist organizations in the country. It was established in 1971 by four local women named Grace Blood, Susan (Seaborne) Bonner, Sally (Phettaplace) Johnson and Catherine Walters.
Table of Contents
Get quick information through this table:
|Organization||Contra Costa NOW|
|Educational Level||College and university students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2021|
|Requirements||Essay, one letter of recommendation, digital photo and copy of the official transcript|
Who May Be Eligible
Please check out the following requirements:
- Aspirants must be a permanent residency in Contra Costa County;
- Candidates must have an academic record of at least one prior semester in an accredited non-profit college or university (located in Contra Costa County or other);
- Applicants must be enrolled in or transfer to an accredited non-profit college or university for Fall 2021;
- Recipients must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
How to Apply
To apply for this program, applicants need to download an application form and fill it with correct and complete information. Once candidates are done with the information, they can send their application form with some required documents to email@example.com.
- Candidates need to write down an essay between 500 -1,000 words typewritten, double spaced in Word or PDF on the applicant’s experiences in some aspect of community activism, providing information about the organizations or communities served or particular volunteer activities.
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can assess your academic and/or personal achievements and community activism, for example, a professor, teacher, mentor, organization member, etc.
- Digital photo
- Copy of official transcript from most recent college or university
The winners will get a scholarship valued at $1,000 for educational purposes. This scholarship will help them pay for their study-related expenses and take essential steps toward achieving their goals. It will make their learning journey worries free and motivate them to give their best throughout their academic period.
The application deadline is April 30, 2021. After this date, no application will be considered for this program.