The Center on Conflict and Development at Texas A&M University is now accepting applications for the ConDev’s Student Media Grants. These grants are open to supporting international students who are interested in capturing conflict-related issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of the world through stunning photography.
The Center on Conflict and Development (ConDev, condev.org) Student Media Grant funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Chair on Conflict and Development.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The program is open to students worldwide (undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D., etc.).
- Students graduating in December 2018-May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, applicants must submit Proposals as a Microsoft Word Document with “Student Media Grant: [Name of Student]” as the subject line, with any samples attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only one proposal can be submitted per student.
- Proposal Format
- No more than four (8.5”×11”) pages (not including cover page)
- 12 point, Times New Roman font
- 1″ margins; please submit as a Microsoft Word document
- Students should submit proposals that describe their anticipated travel, subjects, and plans for photo story production, refinement and promotion as specifically as possible.
- Proposals must include the following components:
- Cover Sheet
- Thematic Focus
- Statement of Motivation
- Media Experience
- Narrative of Planned Activities (including Plan for Promotion)
The photojournalism grant awards up to $5,000 to students interested in capturing issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of the world through stunning photography.
The Application deadline is September 30, 2018, by 11:59 pm CST.
More information is available on the Student Media Grant webpage (condev.org/student-media-grant). Also, feel free to contact the Grant Manager at email@example.com with additional questions.