Calling for applications! The College of New Jersey is offering multiple scholarships to students who are in dire need of financial assistance. The scholarship will be awarded for all consecutive years of study to the applicants. Do not miss out on this golden opportunity as these scholarships are to be availed by students from all over the world. The awards for these scholarships will vary according to the needs of the applicant. They may be merit or need-based fee waivers or discounted tuition rates.
Applicants who wish to be a part of The College of New Jersey have to be eager to maintain their merit and also actively participate in university activities. To avoid dropouts due to the inability to procure funds, TCNJ scholarships are helping out deserving students with their right to education. In today’s competitive world, these scholarships are not very easy to attain, but TCNJ caters to various kinds of students with needs.
The College of New Jersey is a well-renowned college with its glorifying achievements as a public institution. It is famous for being one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. The university invites students who are motivated to give their best in a precise competitive environment. The university is well-known to have set the bar for higher education.
Table of Contents
The following table will provide you with quick details about the scholarships:
|Organization||The College of New Jersey|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Country||United States of America|
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligibility criteria to apply are as follows:
- Applicants should have a good academic record and be amongst the top of their graduating class
- Both out-state and in-state applicants are eligible to apply
How to Apply
To apply to TCNJ and avail their scholarships, students need to start the admission process by applying for the FAFSA with the school code. Students will also have to provide their Social Security Number to be considered for financial aid. The FAFSA can be filed in both online and offline modes.
- Anyone of the following need to be submitted to avail of the scholarships:
-College Board Fee Waiver
-NACAC Fee Waiver
-TCNJ Out-of-state Fee Waiver
-National Merit Semifinalist/National Achievement Fee Waiver
-Common Application Fee Waiver (verified by school counsellor)
-Coalition Application Fee Waiver (verified by school counsellor)
-A formal letter from a student’s school counsellor
- High School Transcripts
- Official Test Scores (not mandatory because of the test-optional policy)
- Letters of recommendation
The recipients of the scholarships will be awarded the following:
- In-State Scholarships: These scholarships offered by TCNJ are merit-based. The basic scholarship award offered is $2,000 per year for four years. The requirement to avail of this scholarship is to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and full-time enrollment. Apart from this, the Lion’s Pride Need-Based Scholarship is also offered to students in need of financial assistance.
- Out-of-State Costs and Scholarships: TCNJ will reduce tuition costs by a staggering $6,000 for its out-of-state applicants. They will also offer merit and need-based scholarships to applicants who have a successful academic high school record. The Lion’s Pride Need-Based award will be awarded to students in addition to the other merit scholarships. The Lions Legacy award will be received by applicants with TSC/TCNJ alumni parents, covering their entire in-state tuition for four years.
- Other Scholarship Opportunities: Educational funds apart from the above mentioned are also available at TCNJ.
-Chairman of the Board – Board of Trustees Scholarship
-Bonner Community Scholarship
-School of Engineering Scholarship
-School of the Arts and Communications
-Air Force ROTC
The application deadline for the various scholarships offered is not the same. Students are advised to complete the application process on or before the peak time. It is highly possible that the application deadline will not be extended. Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.