Colgate is a distinctive, leading American university known for its intellectual rigor, world-class professors, campus of stunning beauty. It is a mission to develop thinkers who value intellectual rigor and who are capable of challenging themselves and others with vigor and reason.
Colgate offers 56 undergraduate majors leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree, all of which are registered officially with the New York State Department of Education. The university also has a small Master of Arts in teaching degree program, which graduates 3–7 students each year.
With 27.4% Colgate University acceptance rate, admissions are competitive at the Colgate. For the class of 2022, 9,716 students applied, and 24.9% of applicants were admitted. Approximately two-thirds of Colgate undergraduates study abroad, which is a high proportion compared to other colleges and universities in the United States.
What GPA do you need to get into the Colgate University?
- The average GPA at Colgate University is 3.69.
- This makes Colgate University Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.69, Colgate University requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Colgate University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for Colgate University?
- The average ACT score at Colgate University is 31.
- This score makes Colgate University Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & Cost to go to Colgate University?
Estimated Cost of Attendance for 2018-19
Estimated Billed Charges
- Tuition: $55,530
- Room: $6,755 (based on traditional residence hall)
- Meals: $7,240 (based on Premier Gold meal plan)
- Student Activity Fee: $340
- Total Estimated Billed Charges: $69,865
Estimated Non-billed Costs
- Books and Supplies: $1,040
Domestic Travel: $300+ (depending on the state of residence)
Average Loan Fees: $50Total Estimated Non-billed Costs: $2,410
(Non-billed costs will vary based on personal choices.)
- Total Estimated Cost of Attendance
- $72,275 (does not include additional student charges noted below, as those do not apply to all students)
What majors is the Colgate University known for?
- The most popular majors at Colgate University include Economics, Political Science and Government, History, General; Psychology, and International Relations and Affairs.
- Colgate has 56 undergraduate majors that culminate in a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- It also offers a surprisingly vast array of classes and majors.
Is Colgate University a public or Private school?
- Colgate University is a private liberal arts college located in Hamilton Village, Hamilton Township, and Madison County, New York, United States.
- The university also has a small Master of Arts in teaching degree program, which graduates 3–7 students each year.
- Colgate offers 56 majors that provide students with a wide variety of options to build the foundation they need for success in any future pursuit.
- Colgate is ever driven to be the best one of the world’s premier universities and the finest undergraduate institution in America.
What SAT score is required for the Colgate University?
- The average SAT score composite at Colgate University is 1400.