We are seeking two Post-Doctoral Fellows for our one-year training program to start in September 2022. Our fellows will be actively involved in all three components of our clinic highlighted above, including the training of predoctoral externs.
This full-time, one-year post-doctoral position is structured to meet all requirements for the 1500 postdoctoral hours necessary for licensure in Colorado. Post-doctoral fellows will be provided training and practice in administering culturally sensitive, evidenced-based therapeutic services to a diverse population, including adults, children, families, and couples. The program emphasizes the importance of using a trauma lens to treat many symptoms and diagnoses and support various life stressors and circumstances. Fellows will further develop their knowledge and clinical skills in assessing and treating clients with approximately 25 hours of clinical intervention per week. Fellows must attend weekly staff/consultation meetings, supervision, and regular didactic training. Fellows must also maintain contact and consult with outside sources on client care. Participation in community outreach activities will also be available.
|Organization||University of Colorado Colorado Springs|
|Amount||$50,000 per year|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||September 30, 2022|
Who is Eligible?
- Must have a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology
- Must have completed the required 1500 pre-doctoral internship hours
- Must be able to come into the office setting for the majority of the week, provide in-person therapy, and provide in-person supervision (except for unforeseen safety restrictions that warrant virtual therapy and meetings)
- Must be team-oriented and collaborative
- Must be inclusive and can exhibit cultural humility
- Must exhibit a passion for providing mental health services to Medicaid populations and the community
- Must be willing to train in EMDR techniques and utilize them throughout the tenure
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, professionalism, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
- Training/experience with diverse populations and multiculturalism a plus
How to Apply?
Send a cover letter, resume, and CV to Courtney Klein firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off – 4 weeks per year, federal holidays included in this amount
- Professional development assistance – $500 per year stipend
The deadline for the online submission of the application and supporting documents is September 19, 2022.