Wellcome Trust is pleased to announce the Climate Change and Health Awards 2018. These awards are open to researchers who want to better understand the links between climate change and people’s health. You may ask for funding of up to £500,000 for up to three years.
The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. They are seeking scientists and researchers for its 2018 Awards to support them take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Researchers who want to better understand the links between climate change and people’s health are eligible to apply.
- The awards are open to individuals or teams of up to ten members from anywhere in the world.
- You can apply if you’re based at:
- An academic research organization
- A not-for-profit or government body
- A private sector organization.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate the award applicants need to do register through the given link:
- You must submit your preliminary application and follow these instructions:
- Indicate which of the three focus areas your application will fall under in the ‘Proposal summary’ section.
- Your proposal may be relevant to more than one area.
- This information should be included in the first line of the ‘Proposal summary’ section before an abstract is provided in this section.
- Do not exceed 500 words in the ‘Details of the proposal’ section.
- To be eligible, your proposal must focus on at least one of the following areas:
- Developing tools, data sources and other resources to support research into climate change and health
- Assessing the health co-benefits of actions to mitigate climate change
- Assessing the health impacts of actions to adapt to climate change
- You may ask for funding of up to £500,000 for up to three years.
- In exceptional circumstances, they may award up to £1 million.
- This funding will be for projects that have the potential to bring about major change.
- If you plan to submit an award above £500,000
- Their support includes staff, materials and consumables, equipment, research management and support costs, travel and subsistence, fieldwork expenses, inflation allowance, publication costs, other costs.
You must submit your application by 17:00 (BST) on October 11, 2018.