The city of South Gate is introducing two scholarship programs for the year 2020. The awards are Commission for South Gate Youth Scholarship and SoCal Gas Community Scholarship open for the graduating seniors.
The grants will be distributed by the organization in order to motivate and assist scholars who are in need of funds. The contributions will play a vital role in the accomplishment of the recipient’s educational journey.
The city of South Gate is located in the heart of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, the City of South Gate. It is known for its outstanding city services, great parks and recreation facilities, and family-friendly environment.
Who May Eligible?
Below are some necessary eligibility requirements from both of the scholarships program:
- Must be graduating seniors residing in South Gate
- Must be graduating seniors residing or attending school in the following cities: Bell, Boyle Heights, Commerce, Cudahy, East LA, Gardena, Hawthorne, Lawndale, Lynwood, Maywood, Montebello, South Gate, South LA and Vernon.
- Must enrol full-time beginning the fall semester of the current year.
- Must have an overall grade point average of at least 3.0.
How to Apply
Students are required to submit all application documents together by mail to South Gate Community Scholarship Fund 8620 California Avenue South Gate, CA 90280 or via email to aagent-at-sogate.org.
- A copy of your official transcripts from your school. Official transcripts must be signed and embossed.
- Enclose with your application a recent photo of yourself, such as your school photo, preferably a colour headshot measuring at least 3×5 inches.
The scholars of the program will be rewarded the below prizes:
- Scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded to selected graduating high school students attending a vocational/technical school or community college.
- Transferring community college students and high school graduates attending an accredited four-year college or university will be awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
The application deadline is 22nd of June 2020 for both of the scholarship programs.