Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) invites applications for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program. The program is open to the applicants from anywhere in the world, who have a Ph.D. (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic position.
Scholars receive $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support. The funds are administered through the scholar’s home institution and are intended to support his or her capacity to conduct research.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent).
- Be employed at an institution of higher education or research and be within the first five years of a full-time academic position, including responsibility for both conducting an independent research program and supervising/teaching graduate or postdoctoral trainees.
- Engage in
research that complements or contributes to the themes and goals of an eligible
CIFAR research program (refer to section E)
- Demonstrate an outstanding level of research achievement and the promise of future impact in their field, as evidenced by the quality of publications, awards received, and statements by referees.
- Be interested in engaging across disciplines, as well as sectors beyond academia, to enrich and extend the impact of their research.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do
register through the given link:
- All applications are submitted through an online application portal and must include two letters of reference.
- Typically, applicants will be an Assistant Professor (or the equivalent in other academic systems).
- The applicant’s position must be secure for the duration of the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar active term (July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2021).
- The applicant’s start date in this position must be no earlier than May 1, 2014. Note that special consideration may be given to those who have taken parental leave or those with exceptional circumstances.
- Note: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply to this program.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview on June 26-27, 2019 in Toronto, Canada.
- The interview consists of a series of individual and interactive group activities among invited candidates.
- In-person participation is required to ensure a fair and complete evaluation.
- Note that travel costs will be covered by CIFAR.
- An applicant must have a valid passport, and if required, be able to obtain travel visas, to attend the in-person interview meeting, in addition to other CIFAR meetings in Canada and other countries around the world (2-4 times per year).
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global network of top-tier research leaders. Learn what it’s like to be a CIFAR Fellow
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with colleagues from diverse disciplines
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put their skills into action
The 2019 call for applications opens on December 3, 2018. The deadline for applications is February 5, 2019
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.