WriteAPrisoner.com is providing scholarships to all the students who either by themselves or through a member of their family have been victimized by a crime. Education is a critical part of crime-free life. Therefore, via Children Impacted by crime scholarship, WriteAPrisoner.com aims to help the students. All the college-going students who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply. With the application form, the applicant has to submit an essay, a letter of recommendation from their teacher or counselor, a recent original transcript showing their educational records, documentation verifying eligibility, and a minimum of 2.5 GPA. If the students lack to fulfill the GPA criteria, they have to provide a verified statement of purpose stating the reason. Exceptions for such students are available.
Children are our great resource. WriteAPrisoner.com believes that it is their duty as responsible adults to invest in the future of children, especially those whose life circumstances have put their future at risk. They aim to support all those students who have the caliber to make a change in society. Henceforth, through this scholarship, they are rewarding students with different amounts starting from $250 which can be used to carry education and related expenses. Everyone has the right to education therefore, this scholarship will help you to study the discipline of your choice and achieve your goals. This is a huge push toward your dream. You should definitely apply.
WriteAPrisoner.com Correspondence and Reintegration, since 2013 have maintained a very important scholarship program to benefit the children of inmates and the children who have been victimized by crime. Through no fault of their own, there are many children whose life experiences place their educational opportunities in jeopardy. Therefore, the company believes it’s their duty to support all those children. They believe in the Latin concept of reverse- the ability to flourish through adversity.
Table of Contents
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Educational Level||College students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||March 1 and June 1|
|Requirements||Essay, Academic transcript, Letter of recommendation, Documentation verifying eligibility, minimum 2.5 GPA.|
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible for the Children of Inmates Scholarship and Children as victim scholarship, the students must satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or have the application completed by someone 18 years and older.
- Maintain 2.5 GPA or provide documentation explaining circumstances why GPA is lower than 2.5.
- Fill the complete application form.
- Be impacted by crime; either as a child of an inmate or victimized by crime-either themselves or a member of their immediate family.
How to Apply?
For applying to the scholarship, the candidate needs to submit the following documents:
- Completely fill the application form available online.
- Submit your most recent original and official transcript. No photocopies accepted.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor and dates within the last 3 months from the date of submission of application.
- Provide verifiable documentation that you have been impacted by crime.
- Write a one-page essay explaining your eligibility for the scholarship, as well as a thorough explanation of your educational goal and how you plan to use your education for the greater good of society. The essay should be typed in a written and double-spaced font.
- If your GPA is lower than 2.5, you need to submit a letter of explanation.
Note: Send all the above stated documents along with the application form to WriteAPrisoner.com Scholarship Program, P.O Box 10-S Edgewater, FL 32132.
Scholarships will be rewarded in varying amounts starting from $250 toward a two-or-four-year educational institution and increase from there. The prime goal is to reduce recidivism. The amount will help you to carry education and related expenses. Crimes should not define you. If you are motivated enough to achieve your goals, this scholarship is for you. You should definitely try your luck.
Application deadlines are March 1 and June 1