The Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, in conjunction with Seton Family of Doctors (“SFOD”) and Ascension Seton, is seeking a board certified/board eligible Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to serve as the Director of our Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship and join our clinical faculty in Austin, Texas. We seek a physician with a strong interest in graduate medical education who will help our Department to lead our CAP training program as well as contribute to the development of clinical, educational, and research initiatives that revolutionize how people get and stay mentally healthy in Central Texas and beyond.
The Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin combine rich history with exciting new collaborations and opportunities. Started at Austin State Hospital in 1971 and then revived by Ascension Seton, the training program’s partnership with Med Dell and UT has introduced energetic new faculty members, bold new programs, and cutting-edge researchers. We were recently able to expand our CAP fellowship to a class size of 5 for each year. Our fellows rotate through various inpatient and outpatient rotations, with Dell Children’s Medical Center being the primary site for clinical rotations.
The successful candidate’s appointment within the Department of Psychiatry at Dell Medical School requires regular participation in educational activities with medical students, residents, and fellows. In addition, the physician will have the opportunity for collaborations that allow for the pursuit of innovative clinical programming and research initiatives.
|Organization||The University of Texas at Austin|
|Number of Awards||NA|
Who is Eligible?
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain before the appointment.
- Board certified/Board eligible in child and adolescent psychiatry
- Three (3) years of psychiatry education program leadership, administration, and teaching in ACGME-accredited training programs.
- Strong character, leadership, and communication skills
- Demonstration of outstanding academic accomplishments and trajectory, which may include innovative educational program development, excellence in teaching, clinical leadership, or research
- Eligible for faculty appointment with The University of Texas Dell Medical School
How to Apply?
Please submit a letter of interest, a current CV, and a list of three (3) references. Applications will be reviewed as received and until the position is filled.
Fellowship applications are now open