The American Planning Association Foundation is delighted to provide the Charles Abrams Scholarship. This program is available for the applicant must be a U.S. citizen and have been accepted into the graduate planning program at one of the five eligible schools.
The mission of this APA Foundation’s is advancing social equity in the profession and in their communities. The recipients of the APA Foundation Scholarship will pursue social equity in the profession and demonstrate academic success.
Who May Eligible
Students from the following schools are eligible for the Abrams Scholarship:
- Columbia University, Division of Urban Planning
- Harvard University, Urban Planning Program (Master in Urban Planning) Harvard Graduate School of Design (formerly Harvard University, City & Regional Planning Program of the Graduate School of Architecture and Design)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Urban Studies & Planning
- New School University, Urban Policy Analysis & Management Program, Robert J. Milano Graduate School of Management & Urban Policy (formerly New School for Social Research, New York, Department for Urban Affairs & Policy Analysis)
- The University of Pennsylvania, Department of City & Regional Planning
How to Apply
- Applicants should be applied for this scholarship through the given link: https://www.planning.org/foundation/scholarships/abrams/form/
- To apply, eligible students wishing to apply for this scholarship must complete the Financial Aid Application in full.
- If a student wishes to be declared financially independent, then a notary statement is required from the parents, certifying that the student will not be taken as a tax deduction for that year, for which scholarship sought and the student will not receive any financial assistance.
Award recipients are required to provide:
- Written acceptance of the award
- Contact name and mailing information for the school’s financial aid/business office, to ensure proper payment to the student’s account at the school
- Donor thank you note and thank you video.
- Upon receipt of these materials, the APA Foundation will forward the scholarship amount to the university to be credited toward the student’s tuition charges.
Award amount of this program is $2,000 that will be awarded to the selected candidate and will be paid directly to the student’s school to defray tuition costs.
Application Deadline: APA Foundation Scholarship applications accepted after June 20, 2019.