The Council of the Great City Schools along with Dr Bernard Harris is overwhelmed to announce their Bernard Harris Scholarship Program. The award is cordially inviting minority students indulged in any Science, Mathematics, Technology or Engineering related degree.
The award is introduced to support higher education expenses of students with STEM-related degrees. Through this grant, recipients will acquire a chance to explore their fields of interest without any worries of financial aids.
The Council of the Great City Schools works with over 76 of the nation’s largest urban public school systems having an aim to improve the education of children in the inner cities. The Council also helps to enhance capacity in urban education through programs to boost academic performance.
Who May Eligible
Interested candidates are asked to take a review over the below requirements before applying:
- Must be accepted as a full-time student pursuing a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) at a four-year institution of higher education
- Must have a minimum 3.0-grade point average
- Students in Toronto are not eligible for this Scholarship.
How to Apply
Candidates must fill out their required information through an online application form to apply for the Scholarship.
- The application should include a proof of the applicant’s academic achievement in high school, leadership skills or community service in the area such as Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Must submit a commitment to pursue a career in a STEM field.
This award includes four scholarships of $5,000 each, which will be given to two boys and two girls who will be two Black and two Hispanic students.
Ideal applicants must submit their correspondence by May 6, 2022, to get considered.