The Connecticut Funeral Directors Association is seeking applications for its Mortuary Science Scholarship. The program is organized for the State of Connecticut students enrolled in Mortuary Science School.
The award is meant to be a supportive pillar in the outstanding student’s quality education. The grant fund will be enough to accomplish any kind of educational expense, such as tuition, fees, books, etc.
The Connecticut Funeral Directors Association is comprised of funeral directors at more than 220 funeral homes. It is a Wethersfield-based association committed to the promotion and advocacy of high ethical standards in funeral service.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the students must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be a legal resident of the state of Connecticut.
- Must not have been the recipient of the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association Scholarship Award at any time previous to this application.
How to Apply
The students must download a Pdf application form and mail it to Connecticut Funeral Directors Association Attn: John Cascio 364 Silas Deane Highway Wethersfield, CT 06109.
- Must submit an essay describing the process you used and the experiences you underwent in your decision to enter the funeral service profession. Also, give your perception of the value of the funeral.
- Must submit the application form, a current college transcript, and two proofs of Connecticut residency.
- Must be legible, and essays must be typewritten and double-spaced.
The CFDA rewards an award of $1,000 in scholarship funds every year to two currently enrolled mortuary science students. The scholars will get help to defray the higher cost of education.
Applications for the scholarship program are submitted by November 1st of each year.