The Center for Cyber Safety and Education is pleased to announce the Graduate Scholarship. This scholarship is open the applicants who are pursuing or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
Up to 20 scholarships will be awarded to the winners. Each scholarship award will be between $1,000 – $5,000.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Must be pursuing a master’s d
egreeprogram or doctoral studies
- GPA must be at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale)
- Note: If you have just been accepted to Graduate School, or are just beginning classes, you will use the final cumulative GPA from your undergraduate degree transcript to meet this criteria
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- May be attending on campus or online
- May be attending full time or
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled; however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do
register and complete the information through the given link:
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution.
- If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of
Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- Note: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Resume/CV – No more than 3 pages maximum. Do not include links to publications.
questions to be filled out in application:
- Tell us why you should be chosen to receive this (ISC)² Cybersecurity Scholarship and what makes you stand out from your peers?
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and your goals for your academic career. What makes you a candidate for success in information security and what are your goals for your professional career.
- Describe any contributions to the cyber security field i.e., volunteer work, articles, etc., and any other hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you. (Do not include links to articles)
- Tell us anything else you would like us to know about you.
- Up to 20 scholarships will be awarded.
- Each scholarship award will be between $1,000 – $5,000
Applications will close on January 15, 2019, at 11:50 PM EST. Recipients will be notified mid-March 2019.
For questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org.