As private liberal arts, Carleton is one of the largest sources of undergraduate students, who pursue doctoral studies on every hundred students for graduate institutions. It provides a genuine liberal arts education, a core curriculum which challenges its students to learn broadly and think deeply.
Carleton offers 33 majors and 31 minors in the arts, humanities, natural sciences/mathematics, and social sciences. Carlton students studied over 90 different off-campus programs in 52 countries and regions.
With 20.6% acceptance rate, the College enrolled 2,105 undergraduate students and employed 269 faculty members. Carleton’s faculty members are highly respected scholars, researchers, and practitioners in their fields. At Carleton, students have to develop knowledge and skills to succeed in any field of life.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into Carleton College?
- The average GPA at Carleton College is 4.0.
- This makes Carleton College Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.0, Carleton College requires you to be at the top of your class.
Carleton College SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for Carleton College?
- The average ACT score at Carleton College is 33.
- This score makes Carleton College Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & Cost to go to Carleton College?
Tuition Charges for 2018-2019
Tuition is taken as part of comprehensive fee, which is considered as an annual fee rather than the amount of fee for each term. 2018-2019 fee yoga is allocated as $ 68,844:
- Tuition: $54,438
- Room: $7,398
- Board: $6,687
- Activity Fee: $321
- Special Fees*
- For Special Students, the tuition fee is $6,048 for one six-credit course.
- Off-Campus Independent Study up to six credits (including summer, winter, and spring break):
- 1-2 credits: 1/6 of Course Tuition = $1,008
- 3-4 credits: 1/3 of Course Tuition = $2,016
- 5-6 credits: 1/2 of Course Tuition = $3,024
- Independent Reading Course fees up to six credits are charged at the same variable rate as Off-Campus Independent Study.
What Majors is the Carleton College known for?
- Carleton is a collaborative place where students and professors work together to realize the perplexity of life.
- The academic calendar follows a quarterly system, where students usually take three classes per 10-week.
- There are ten languages offered: Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Latin, Greek and Hebrew.
- The most popular fields of study are biology, political science and international relations, economics, chemistry, psychology, mathematics and computer science.
Is Carleton College a public or Private school?
- Carleton offers several programs of its own each year, which are led by the Carleton faculty and are only available to Carleton students.
- The incoming admission rate of 2021 was 22.6% of all applicants, making Charlton the most selective college of Minnesota.
- Carlton usually nominates about 2,000 students, 51% are women and 49% are men.
- Carlton students balance educationists with whole life outside the classroom, through hundreds of student groups and campus activities.
- Carlton offers some of America’s best financial aid to meet 100% financial needs for four years in the US.
- Carlton is renowned for its rigorous liberal arts courses and excellence in undergraduate teaching.
What SAT score is required for the Carleton College?
- The average SAT score composite at Carleton College is a 1445.