Does the noble coronavirus have disturbed your studies? Then there is the precious scholarship introduced by South Texas College to help you out. The students who are accepted or enrolled as a regular student for the degree or certified program are eligible to apply. Students having a high school diploma, GED, or completion of high school in an approved school are also welcome.
The CARES Act is awarding the students finds to relieve them with some financial issues that are worsened during the pandemic. It aims to help the students to complete their education and concentrate on their academics instead of worrying about the finances.
South Texas College is the leading institute supporting the students with all types of backgrounds. It is the largest higher education institute of South Of San Antonio with 32k enrolments with a great 22:1 students faculty ratio. Founded in the year 1993, it offers more than 120 degrees and certified courses to the students.
Who May Be Eligible?
To apply and get selected for the scholarship students needs to go through specific eligibility as follows:
- Must have completed a 2020-2021 FAFSA.
- Applicants cannot be on financial aid suspension.
- Must have a declared major that is eligible for financial aid.
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program.
- Must be a U.S citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Must have a valid Social Security Number.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or completion of high school in an approved homeschool setting.
- Must be meeting the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Not owe an overpayment (refund) on Title IV grants.
- Not be in default on a Federal Title IV loan.
- Not have a federal or state conviction for drug possession or sale, with certain time limitations.
How to Apply
If you fit in the eligibility requirements, you can apply through an official form filling all the details and submitting the required documents. Applicants are asked to log in with their STC email and password to complete their application.
- The applicants should fill all the details in the form appropriately.
- The login should be done using the STC email id and password.
These scholarships are very beneficial and encouraging to the students. The first 1,000 dual students graduating high school this year and attending 12 credit hours for Fall 2020 will receive $250. Traditional students taking 9 to 12 hrs will receive the last dollar after all grants and scholarships are applied.
Applications for the program are currently available to apply.