The Foundation for Educational Exchange between Canada and the United States of America (Fulbright Canada) is pleased to announce Canadian Traditional Student Awards. These awards are open for American citizens who are graduate students, prospective graduate students or promising young professionals who wish to study and/or conduct research in Canada.
The award is a fixed sum of US$15,000 for one academic year beginning September 2019. Grantees are expected to use the award to cover expenses such as housing, travel, tuition, and other academic expenditures. Basic health insurance is also provided, along with visa services
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen (Permanent residence is not sufficient).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the proposed start date of the grant.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be in compliance with all J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) guidelines.
- Be in compliance with all governmental regulations regarding visas, immigration, travel, and residence.
- Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin and/or physical impairment.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://iie.embark.com/auth/login
- Applicants must not:
- Hold permanent residency status in Canada.
- Reside in Canada; or
- Have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period immediately preceding the date of application. A period of nine months or more during a calendar year is considered to constitute a full year abroad.
- Be seeking enrollment in a medical degree program.
- Possess a Ph.D. by the start of the program. Instead, such applicants can visit the Fulbright Scholar Program.
- The award is a fixed sum of US$15,000 for one academic year beginning September 2019.
- Grantees are expected to use the award to cover expenses such as housing, travel, tuition, and other academic
- Basic health insurance is also provided, along with visa services.
The competition will close on November 15, 2018, at 11:59 EST.