Applications are open for the Canadian Traditional Scholar Awards funded by the Foundation for Educational Exchange between Canada and the United States of America (Fulbright Canada). These awards are open to Canadian scholars in all fields.
These awards are designed to conduct research, teach, or undertake a combination of both activities for one semester or a full academic year at any university or research center of their choice in the United States.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen (Permanent residence is not sufficient).
- Hold a Ph.D. or equivalent professional/terminal degree as appropriate.
- Candidates outside academia (e.g., professionals, artists) with recognized professional standing and substantial professional accomplishments.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be in compliance with all J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) guidelines.
- Be in compliance with all governmental regulations regarding visas, immigration, travel, and
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants need to do register through the given link: https://iie.embark.com/auth/login
- Specialization: While the competition is open to all disciplines, Fulbright Canada is particularly interested in encouraging research on contemporary issues relevant to Canada, the United States and the relationship between the two countries.
- Applicants should also clearly document the need to be in residence in Canada to carry out the project.
- Affiliation: Applicants should arrange affiliation and include a letter of invitation from their preferred host institution(s).
- Applicants must not:
- Be a dual U.S.-Canadian citizen.
- Hold permanent residency status in the United States.
- Reside in the United States.
- Have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period immediately preceding the date of application.
- A period of nine months or more during a calendar year is considered to constitute a full year abroad.
- The award is a fixed sum of US$25,000 for a full academic year (nine months) or $12,500 for one semester. A Health Benefit Plan is also provided.
- Enrichment opportunities in the United States are available through the Outreach Lecturing Funds.
- Faculty sabbatical, leave-of-absence, or retirement pay may be used concurrently with Fulbright support.
Applications must be submitted electronically on or before November 15, 2018.