If you are a freshman and planning to enrol at Calvin University, here is your chance! Calvin University welcomes students to support their financial needs to get a quality education. The university is offering various scholarships under its three categories, namely, Academic Scholarships, Legacy and Diversity Awards, Named Scholarships. Grab these scholarships while you can, for a splendid educational experience in a private university.
These Undergraduate scholarships will open doors to refine your career goals and let you achieve them in a span of a few years. The scholarships and awards aim to provide support to students with high calibre and academic excellence but are not financially stable to pursue their higher education. The university picks out eligible students who put a halt to their studies because of financial barriers and allows them to explore their capabilities. These scholarships are designed so that these barriers can be avoided and students realize their true potential.
Founded in 1876, Calvin University is a co-ed Christian private university that caters to students across its 390 acres spread campus situated in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Falling under the array of educational institutions under the Christian Reformed Church, Calvin University is named after John Calvin, the 16th century Protestant Reformer. It has also been ranked number 3 in the best colleges in Regional Universities Midwest 2021 edition. Calvin University does not only give you a range of educational opportunities, it will also channel your skills as a professional through their various clubs and internships.
Take an instant look at the features of these scholarships:
|Number of Awards||13|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Country||United States of America|
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligibility criteria to avail the scholarships are as follows:
- Applicants with a mean High school GPA of 3.83, mean ACT score of 26.8, mean SAT score of 1240 are eligible to apply;
- Applicants with lower Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as provided in their FAFSA, are eligible to receive higher financial aid;
- Applicants with a steady academic record in their high school are eligible;
- Scholarships are open internationally but most of them require American citizenship.
How to Apply
After applying for admissions through the Calvin University Application or the Common Application, the applicants will have to obtain an FSA ID for their parents and themselves. Using the Calvin University FAFSA code, 002241, the candidates will have to fill out the FAFSA form and the Special Circumstances Form which will allow them to specify any additional aspects for their financial need. Other applicable financial aid application forms are to be filled and submitted and the required documents are to be attached with the application if any. After receiving financial aid, the students need to confirm their enrollment. Although standardized test scores are required to apply for scholarships, due to the onset of COVID-19 pandemic, the university has introduced the Apply as Test-Optional option to its applicants for the Fall 2021 admissions where standardized test scores are not mandatory to submit.
- High School Transcript
- FAFSA Form
- Special Circumstances Form- Independent Student
- Verification Worksheet Form- Dependent & Independent Students
- Request Clarification Form- Student & Parent
- Family Size Form- Dependent & Independent Students
- Degree Clarification Form
- Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose Form
- Minimal Income Statement Form- Dependent & Independent Students
Here is a list of scholarships being offered by Calvin University to undergraduates:
- National Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students if Calvin University is the first-choice University of the National Merit Finalists. This award is offered to students who have a cumulative Calvin GPA of 3.0 for 4 years and maybe renewed for the fifth year if the scores are maintained. Award money of $2,000 is provided in addition to the $18,000 award from the Trustee’s Scholarship
- Trustee’s Scholarship: Award money of $18,000 shall be awarded to eligible students with an average weighted GPA of 4.2, 1410 SAT score, 30 ACT score or above.
- President’s Scholarship: Award money of $16,000 shall be awarded to eligible students with an average weighted GPA of 3.9, 1260 SAT score, 26 ACT score or above.
- Provost’s Scholarship: Award money of $14,000 shall be awarded to eligible students with an average weighted GPA of 3.7, 1170 SAT score, 24 ACT score or above.
- Dean’s Scholarship: Award money of $12,000 shall be awarded to eligible students with an average weighted GPA of 3.5, 1120 SAT score, 22 ACT score or above.
- Faculty’s Scholarship: Award money of $10,000 shall be awarded to eligible students with an average weighted GPA of 3.1,1050 SAT score, 20 ACT score or above.
Legacy and Diversity Awards
- First Generation Award: Award money of $2,000 shall be awarded for 5 years with automatic renewal. Recipients of this award should be the first in their family to apply to college. Their parents should not have a bachelor’s degree.
- Legacy Award: Award money of $4,000 shall be awarded for 5 years with automatic renewal. Their parents should be alumni of the university or are Christian Reformed.
- Mosaic Award: Award money of $4,000 shall be awarded for 5 years with automatic renewal. This award is available internationally. It caters to North American ethnic minority students as well.
- Entrada Scholarship: Award Money of $4,000 shall be awarded for 5 years. The renewable criteria of a cumulative Calvin GPA of 2.5 need to be followed. It will be awarded to students who have completed the Entrada Scholars Program.
- CCCU Tuition Waiver Exchange Program (TWEP): 100% tuition shall be covered for 5 years. Recipients of this award will have to complete the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities TWEP application.
An educational fund, the benefit of the Named Scholarships is that it will improve a student’s resume while they look for jobs. It also enables recipients to make connections through the scholarship dinners.
The application deadline for Calvin University varies from one scholarship to another. Students are advised to begin their FAFSA as early as possible. Students should not delay their application process and finish it before the deadline. For more details on the deadline, check the university website.