CalTrout has finally announced its annual 2021 photo contest, and it is available to both amateur and professional photographers above the age of 18, except for California Trout workers and their immediate relatives. With your contribution to the 2021 CalTrout Photo contest, they desire to highlight the beauty of California and its magnificent natural resources. All you have to do is share your most exquisite photographs of California’s rivers, streams, wild fish, and angling adventures. And don’t forget to #KeepFishWet. You can capture beautiful photos depict fish, anglers, or other people enjoying California waterways, or you can be more picturesque in nature. Enter the contest, and win the golden chance to feature on CalTrout’s website and in their digital magazine ‘ The Current, as well as win some fantastic gifts from contest sponsors!
All photographs must be connected to California rivers, creeks, streams, or lakes and the activities that take place around them in some way. Photos should ideally be in a horizontal format.
California Trout is a 501(c)(3) conservation organization located in San Francisco to ensure resilient wild fish in California waterways. Three conservation projects are being pursued by California Trout: Strongholds Water Source Areas, Working Landscapes, and Wild Fish
Initially founded as a local unit of Trout Unlimited in the mid-1960s, the founders formed CalTrout over the Christmas week of 1970 and filed documents of incorporation the following January. Today, the group has over 5,000 members, five regional offices, and a full-time presence in Sacramento, and is involved in more than 30 conservation and fisheries initiatives around the state. The company’s headquarters are in San Francisco. California Trout, strive to assure that wild fish survive in fresh waters for a better California. They believe that numerous wild fish signify healthy waterways, and that good waters benefit all Californians.
To get more details, go through the table given below:
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||August 31, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
The California Trout 2021 Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is available to ALL photographers over the age of 18, except for California Trout staff and their immediate relatives. The contest is open to all contestants, regardless of location or citizenship, as long as their local laws permit participation.
How to Apply?
Each entry comprises a single photograph and an entry form.
To participate, go tohttps://caltrout.org/photocontest and fill out an entry form with the necessary information, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and photo caption; and submit it together with your photograph according to the instructions that follow. There is a maximum of ten entries per individual. Each entry must meet the following criteria :
- All photographs must be connected to California rivers, creeks, streams, or lakes and the activities that take place around them in some way.
- Photos should ideally be in a horizontal format.
- Individuals may enter up to ten times.
- Photographs must be sent in digital format.
- Only online entries will be accepted.
- There will be no print or film entries allowed.
- It is not necessary to shoot the image using a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are allowed.
- Digital files should be high-resolution (300 PPI), with a maximum file size of 15MB and in.jpg format.
- All submissions must be received by August 31, 2021, at midnight PST.
- If a person is shown in the photograph, you must submit a signed model release form for each individual depicted.
The applicant will get a chance to be featured on CalTrout’s website and in our digital magazine “The Current, and win some fantastic gifts from CalTrout sponsors!
The deadline for contest submissions is August 31.