Cal Poly is a nationally-ranked public university that prides itself on the individual success of its students. It is consistently recognized as one of the nation’s best values for graduates’ return on investment. It gives students an unparalleled college experience as well as industry connections in both the Bay Area and Southern California.
The university currently offers bachelor’s degrees and master’s degrees in six colleges. Programs are available every quarter as well as during spring and summer breaks, and many allow you to use financial aid to fund most or all of your travel. It has a powerful combination of academic expertise and hands-on experience.
California Polytechnic State University acceptance rate is 31.3%. The university is currently building housing on campus to attempt to house up to 65% of students and plans to cap enrollment at 25,000, meaning that 11,250 students must find off-campus housing. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo primarily focuses on undergraduate education with 20,425 undergraduate and 881 graduate students.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into the Cal Poly?
- The average GPA at Cal Poly is 3.92.
- This makes Cal Poly Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.92, Cal Poly requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is Cal Poly an Ivy League school?
- California Polytechnic State University is the most selective in the United States.
- At Cal Poly, most classes are taught by professors in small classrooms, not packed lecture halls, and from their first moments on campus, most students are challenged to put what they learn into practice in a real-world setting.
Cal poly SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the Cal Poly?
- The average ACT score composite at Cal Poly is a 28.
Is the Cal Poly a prestigious school?
- They strive to inspire students by encouraging innovation and excellence in their educational and professional career objectives.
- Its programs emphasize real-world experiences via internships, labs, and fieldwork. Register now to participate.
- Its goal is to achieve excellence in practice-oriented professional graduate programs which place graduates into the workforce with the advanced knowledge and the leadership skills necessary to prosper in an increasingly competitive global economy.
What is Cal Poly best known for?
- The university’s style guide indicates its official names are “California Polytechnic State University” and “Cal Poly.”
- All undergraduate students at Cal Poly are required to complete a senior project.
- The senior project is intended to be a capstone experience for students receiving a baccalaureate degree by integrating theory and application from across a student’s undergraduate educational experiences.
How much does it cost to go to the Cal Poly?
Estimated Total Cost 2018-2019
What are the majors the Cal Poly known for?
- The most popular majors at California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo include Engineering, Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, and Related Sciences, Business, Management, Marketing.
- It’s also the most popular majors are Related Support Services, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, and Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies.
- The university is organized into six colleges offering 64 bachelors and 32 master’s degrees.
How much is tuition at the Cal Poly?
- For undergraduate $5,742 Tuition plus $1,611 Mandatory University Fees.
- For Graduate $7,176 Tuition plus $1,611 Mandatory University Fees.
- For Teacher Credential $6,660 Tuition plus $1,611 Mandatory University Fees.
- For Doctoral $11,838 Tuition plus $1,611 Mandatory University Fees.
Is the Cal Poly a public or private school?
- Cal Poly is a public university located in San Luis Obispo, California, known for its “Learn by Doing” philosophy that encourages students to combine theory with practice to solve real-world problems.
- Studying abroad is a great way to learn about the world and yourself while expanding your resume and career possibilities.
- Cal Poly has one of the largest college campuses in the United States.
- The Cal Poly Master Plan calls to increase student population from approximately 17,000 students to 20,900 students by the year 2020–2021.
What is the SAT score required for the Cal Poly?
- The average SAT score composite at Cal Poly is 1300.