The Great Minds in Stem is delighted to announce the California Medical Scholarships for the high potential applicants across the US. The program will provide financial assistance for students pursuing medical professions in the state of California.
Originated in 1989, the Great Minds in STEM is the gateway for Hispanics in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). It is a non-profit organization that focuses on STEM educational awareness programs for students from kindergarten to career.
Who May Eligible
For being eligible, applicants must:
- Be a member of an underrepresented group in medicine as defined by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution with a 3.0 Cumulative GPA or higher on a scale of 4.0
- Be admitted and plan to enroll, for the 2019-20 academic year, as a first-year student at a medical school in one of the following universities:
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, San Francisco
- University of Southern California
- Be pursuing a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree
- Be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA).
- Applicants whose studies or volunteer efforts include mental health, rehabilitative and geriatric medical specialties, and the disabled are eligible
- Consideration will be given to those applicants who earned an undergraduate or graduate degree in a STEM field of study.
- Demonstrate volunteer time conducted within the past two years to the senior and/or disabled communities, preference given to those demonstrating their efforts were focused on the underrepresented community.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to accomplish the online application form with required documents such as:
- Current Resume
- Faculty Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement (In an essay up to 700 words)
- Official or unofficial Undergraduate transcript
Benefits: All the selected students will receive a $5,000 scholarship. Up to ten awards will be granted each year.
Application deadline: Students must complete the online application and provide appropriate supporting documentation no later than November 15, 2019, 11:59 PM PST