Caltech is often ranked as one of the world’s top-ten universities. The university is one among a small group of institutes of technology in the United States which is primarily devoted to the instruction of pure and applied sciences.
Caltech offers 24 majors and six minors across all six academic divisions. The full-time, four-year undergraduate program emphasizes instruction in the arts and sciences and has high graduate coexistence. The graduate instructional programs emphasize doctoral studies and are dominated by science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields.
Caltech is a small four-year, highly residential research university with a slight majority in graduate programs. With only 8 percent California Institute of Technology Acceptance Rate, students will need to have grades and test scores well above average to be considered.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Caltech?
If you’re currently a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change in time for college applications. If your GPA is at or below the school average of 4.24, you’ll need a higher SAT or ACT score to compensate.
- With a GPA of 4.24, Caltech requires you to be at the top of your class.
- The average GPA at Caltech is 4.24.
Is Caltech An Ivy League School?
- The California Institute of Technology, Caltech, is a highly selective school, one of the most selective in the country.
- The institute’s strong research programs earned it membership in the Association of American Universities.
Caltech Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at Caltech, but they really want to see at least 1530 to have a chance at being considered.
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What Is a Good ACT Score At Caltech?
What are Caltech’s average ACT scores requirements for students to be admitted to Caltech?
- The average ACT score composite at Caltech is a 35.
- This score makes Caltech Extremely Competitive for ACT scores.
Is Caltech a Prestigious School?
- California Institute of Technology is a private institution that was founded in 1891.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 979, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 124 acres.
- Caltech enrolled 979 undergraduate students and 1,261 graduate students for the 2016–2017 school years.
What Is Caltech Best Known For?
- California Institute of Technology Known for its strength in natural science and engineering.
- Caltech famous for its most popular majors such as Bioengineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Mechanical Engineering, Physics.
- Caltech was ranked as the best university in the world in two categories: Engineering & Technology and Physical Sciences.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the Caltech?
- The chart below lists the estimated nine-month, full-time cost of attendance budget that is generally applicable to Caltech undergraduate students enrolled in the 2018-19 school year.
- With the exception of the Orientation Fee, all direct charges, i.e., tuition, fees, housing, and board, are divided evenly between the fall, winter and spring terms.
Check out what it actually costs to go to California Institute of Technology.
|Additional Meal Allowance (est.)||900|
|Books and Supplies (est.)||1,323|
|Personal Expenses (est.)||1,974|
|Total Estimated Cost of Attendance4||$72,084|
What Majors are Caltech Known for?
- The most popular majors at California Institute of Technology include Engineering, Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, and Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
- Caltech is a small four-year, highly residential research university with a slight majority in graduate programs.
- Caltech offers 24 majors (called “options”) and six minors across all six academic divisions.
- Caltech also offers interdisciplinary programs in Applied Physics, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Computation and Neural Systems, Control and Dynamical Systems, Environmental Science and Engineering, Geobiology and Astrobiology, Geochemistry, and Planetary Astronomy.
- The graduate instructional programs emphasize doctoral studies and are dominated by science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields.
- The Institute offers graduate degree programs for the Master of Science, Engineer’s Degree, Doctor of Philosophy, BS/MS and MD/D., with the majority of students in the Ph.D. program.
How much is Tuition at Caltech?
Do you want to get a full knowledge of the fees and tuition related to Caltech? Look at the stats below to get tuition fees of Caltech.
|Tuition and Fees||
Is Caltech a Public Or Private School?
- The California Institute of Technology is a private doctorate-granting research university that was located in Pasadena, California, United States.
- The mission of the California Institute of Technology is to expand human knowledge and benefit society through research integrated with education.
What Is SAT Score Required For the Caltech?
In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into Caltech.
- The average SAT score composite at Caltech is 1560.