Bryon Riesh Paralysis Foundation offers scholarships to two/three individuals with neurological disabilities, or the child of the person with disabilities, for post-high school education. The candidates who are in their last semester of high school or are college-going students with a minimum of 2.5 GPA are eligible for the scholarship. Applicant must be attending a four-year college, pursuing an associate degree, or attending a post-graduate program. The applicants need to fill the application form and mail it to the foundation and a copy of the official transcript and an essay. The individuals must list their five and ten-year goals. Also, provide a list of your work experience. Mail all the documents before the deadline, ie. June 18, 2021.
The two or three winning recipients will get a monetary award ranging from $2000 to $4000. Getting this enormous amount can help you avail of the best education opportunities. No illness should be an obstacle to your dreams. Therefore, the foundation is here to help. They offer the scholarship annually. If not this time, you can again file next year’s application. The scholarship can be helpful to carry education and related expenses. It is an excellent chance to work on your dreams and achieve your goals.
Established in January 2001, Bryon Riesh Paralysis Foundation aims to find a cure for paralysis through funding the latest in medical research and to provide assistance to those that suffer from neurological disorders. The foundation has utilized the tremendous support from the community through donations and fundraisers over $4,000,000 to go directly towards the fight against paralysis.
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation|
|Educational Level||High School or College Students|
|Amount||$2000 to $4000|
|Number of Awards||2-3|
|Application Deadline||June 18, 2021|
|Requirements||Official transcript, Instructor’s recommendation|
Who is eligible
To be eligible, the candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- The scholarship will be awarded to an individual with a neurological disability or the child of a disabled person.
- Must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Only those candidates who are in their last semester of high school or college-going students are applicable.
- Applicant must be attending a 4-year college, pursuing an associate degree, or attending a post-graduate program.
- No income restrictions.
Note: (1) Priority is given to direct spinal cord injuries and diseases resulting in paralysis, such as spinal tumors, strokes, or aneurysms, affecting the spinal cord or spina bifida.
(2) Priority will also be given to people living in Wisconsin.
How to apply
To apply, the candidates have to send the listed documents to the following address: Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation, N14 W23900 Stone Ridge Dr, Waukesha, WI 53188.
List of Documents:
- Get the online application form and fill it with blue/black ink or type application.
- Submit a copy of the official transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your Instructor.
- Submit an essay in 200 words describing the reasons why you deserve the scholarship. Also, list the future five and ten-year goals.
- The applicant has to provide a list of work experience.
- The essay should be typed and double spaced.
- Answer all the questions on the application form.
The winning two or three candidates will get monetary rewards ranging from $2000 to $4000. No personal or health issues should be an obstacle to your education. Therefore, Bryon Reish Paralysis Foundation’s goal is to foster and support students to achieve their dreams. The scholarship is an excellent opportunity to fund your education and work for the betterment of society.
The last date to file your candidature is June 18, 2021. No applications received after the due date will be valid. Mail all the listed documents along with the filled application form to Bryon Riesch Paralysis Foundation, N14 W23900 Stone Ridge Dr, Waukesha, WI 53188.