Bright! Tax, a leading online tax preparation service for American citizens in over 190 countries, is proud to announce that they are providing support to students who are US citizens worldwide. The Bright! Tax Global Scholar Initiative provides supplemental funds for American students who are already or will be studying abroad under the auspices of an accredited academic institution. The following Scholarships are available for full-semester programs. Bright! Tax Global Scholar funding is awarded based on an individual’s merit and financial need. The Bright! Tax Global Scholar Initiative will provide scholarships of a minimum of $1000. Awards will be made on an ongoing basis and paid directly to accredited institutions.
Awards are available to all US citizens who are currently studying abroad or who want to study abroad for at least one full semester at a recognized, accredited academic institution. Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of Bright! Tax Awards Committee. Applicants’ academic and extracurricular achievements, community involvement, ambitions, and financial need will be taken into consideration. Bright! Tax Global Scholars are chosen by the Awards Committee. The committee is comprised of individuals and professionals who, themselves, are US citizens who are living overseas. They are uniquely aware of both the opportunities and challenges that Americans experience living outside the US.
With clients in over 190 countries, Bright! The tax has helped thousands of Americans file their US taxes from abroad, smoothly, in their best interests, online, and on time. Filing US taxes from abroad can be difficult if not daunting. Combining personable, all-American CPAs (most of whom also have MAs) with a secure, user-friendly interface, Bright! Tax makes it easy for Americans overseas to become and remain compliant with their US tax filing requirements
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Number of Awards||Not defined|
|Contest Deadline||November 1, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- If you are a United States citizen and you currently live outside and will be studying outside the US you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- If you are a United States citizen and you currently live in the US and will be studying outside the US you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.8 (on a scale of 1.0 to 4.0)
The selection process takes into account the following factors –
- Academic achievement, including current and overall GPA
- The extent of community involvement
- Leadership skills
- Achievements in particular fields (debate, performing arts, athletics, etc.)
- An essay on a topic relevant to the scholarship purpose
- Academic or non-academic awards and achievements
- A description of extra-curricular involvement
- Copies of high school and/or college transcripts
- Financial need
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to fill out the application form given on the scholarship portal and submit it there only.
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the awards committee and out of all, the most deserving candidates will be selected as the winners of the following scholarship. The winners will be awarded a one-time scholarship amount of up to $1,000.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is November 1, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.