Bourdon Defence is a Calgary criminal Defence law firm pleased to announce the Bourdon Defence Scholarship Essay Contest. The contest is open to all current high school senior, undergraduate, or law student who will be attending an accredited college, university or law school in 2018-2019 in the United States/Canada.
The Bourdon Defence law firm understands the importance of an education. They also know firsthand the struggle that comes with financing that education. It is for this reason that Bourdon Defence is happy to announce a $1,000 annual scholarship.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Any current high school senior, undergraduate, or law student who will be attending an accredited college, university or law school in 2018-2019 in the United States/Canada is eligible.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, your materials for the scholarship must be submitted as a PDF/doc attachment to email@example.com
Essay Topic: Drinking and driving is a serious offense in Canada. However, Alberta is considering “decriminalizing” drinking and driving by no longer charging first-time offenders with the Criminal Code charge under s. 253(1)(a) or s. 253(1)(b), and instead will punish first-time offenders under provincial legislation. There are advantages and disadvantages to decriminalizing drinking and driving.
- Write the pros and cons to each argument as well as which stance you think serves the public better.
- Include essay as a PDF/doc attachment.
- In the body of the email, you must include the school you are planning to attend/attending, residential address, and contact phone number.
- If you are under 18, you must include contact information for a parent/guardian.
The one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) prize will be issued in the name of an accredited college or university of a winner’s choice and can be used towards any fees and/or expenses associated with the winner’s education.
The application will close on August 31, 2018, at 9 AM EST. The winner of the scholarship will be announced on or before September 15, 2018.