Boun Furniture Design Awards is looking for exceptional interior furniture design concepts/built that make our existence as a human more livable. The award is open to participants of all backgrounds, including design students and professionals from all geographical regions.
The program intends to get designers from around the world and encourage them to share their extraordinary design ideas. Their furniture design awards will identify and acknowledge young and budding designers from across the globe.
Through the furniture design competition at BOUN, they intend to create a dialogue among designers where they have full freedom to create the contextual and user-centric design.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Participants from all geographical regions are eligible.
- Open to participants of all backgrounds, including design students and professionals.
- Participation is on an individual basis only. Organizations/studios may participate, however, certificate/awards will be issued to a single contact person registering for the award.
- Entries must be original works of the entrant, who will be recognized as the sole designer of the said entries throughout the course of the competition.
- You can enter more than one indoor furniture entry in the competition, however, the entry has to be submitted separately.
- Only designs conceptualized/created/built after 2014 are eligible.
- Entries that infringe, breach, prejudice or violate the property, interests or rights (including but not limited to contractual rights, user rights, copyright, design rights and all other proprietary and intellectual property rights) of any third party will be disqualified. Participants shall be liable for claims by such third parties resulting from the infringement. The organizer shall not be held responsible for any infringement.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://uni.xyz/login?redirect=%2Flogin
- Theme: Live
- Indoors frame how we grow – how we dwell – how we live. They are an inseparable part of a human life and furniture form a very crucial component of how this experience grows on us.
- But how well does your furniture fit in framing a life that’s unique in its own way?
- Boun Furniture Design Awards is looking for exceptional interior furniture design concepts/build projects that make our existence as a human more livable. Will yours be the one?
The detailed requirements of the entries are as follows:
- A maximum 6 – A3 presentation boards in digital format (JPEG or PDF) (120ppi)
- Questionnaire formulated by the participants as directed on the submission portal. Refer to Uni Submission guidelines to know more.
- Cover image of size 1500 x 600 px or larger in aspect ratio 5:2 should be included in the folder.
- Individual images and graphics used in the sheet or any additional images (for publication purpose and not for the judging of entries.
- Participants are encouraged to submit additional materials such as prototype images and textual material, by e-mail. However, submission of such material is not obligatory, nor shall their submission/non-submission influence the evaluation process. This data will be used for web publications.
- Ensure that the final sheets which are submitted do not include your name or any other mark of identification.
- Mention your sheet number on every board.
- The Boun Furniture Design Awards will be awarding two awards (1 Citation, 1 Special Mention) on the below-mentioned Categories:
- Residential Category (Overall): 500$
- Commercial (Offices): 500$
- Commercial (Retail): 500$
- Hospitality (Hotels, Resorts,etc.): 500$
- Leisure (Restaurants, Cafe,etc.): 500$
- Citation winner x 5 Categories: 500$each + Medal + Certificate
- Special mention x 5 Categories: Medal + Certificate
- Shortlists: 10 in each category
- Exhibition: Winning entries will get an opportunity to exhibit their work in BOUN Design conference and will be featured on their website
- Publication: Winning and special mention entries will be published on their online media partner’s website, social platforms and under their bi-annual book.
The application deadline is June 19, 2018. The announcement of results: 31 August 2018