Boston University is a member of the Boston Consortium for Higher Education and the Association of American Universities. The university has more than 3,900 faculty members and nearly 33,000 students and is one of Boston’s largest employers.
Boston University is well known for men’s hockey, in which it has won five national championships. The university is nonsectarian and is historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church. The acceptance rate at Boston University is 29%.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Boston University?
- If your GPA is at or below the school average of 3.6, you’ll need a higher SAT score to compensate and show that you’re prepared to take on college academics.
- This will help you compete effectively with other applicants
- With a GPA of 3.6, Boston University requires you to be above average in your high school class.
- The average GPA at Boston University is 3.6. This makes Boston University Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
Is Boston University an Ivy League School?
- It is a public school that is part of the UC system, a system that also hosts UCLA, UCSD, and others.
- Boston University is one of the largest private research universities.
- It Academy is a private high school operated by Boston University.
Boston University Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
- There’s no absolute SAT requirement at Boston University, but they really want to see at least 1290 to have a chance at being considered.
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a Good ACT Score for Boston University?
In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into Boston University.
- The average ACT score composite at Boston University is a 29.
Is Boston University a Prestigious School?
- Boston University is a private institution that was founded in 1839.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 17,944, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 134 acres.
What is Boston University Best Known For?
- BU famous for it’s the most popular majors at Boston University includes Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism.
- It is also famous for its Related Programs, Health Professions and Related Programs, and Engineering.
How Much Does it Cost To Go To Boston University?
- Most colleges don’t charge students on an annual basis but instead require payment semester by semester.
- If you ever need to take an additional semester of classes to complete your education you shouldn’t have to pay for a full academic year.
- Cost of Attendance at Boston University is $70,302.
What Majors Are Boston University Known For?
- Boston University offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorates, and medical, dental, and law degrees through its 18 schools and colleges.
- The most popular majors at Boston University include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Health Professions and Related Programs, and Engineering.
- The Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine (MHCBM) Program at Boston University School of Medicine offers a master’s degree for students who wish to become licensed to practice as a mental health counselor.
How Much Is Tuition At Boston University?
- The total cost of a Boston University education includes direct expenses for which you are billed, such as tuition, fees, and charges for room and board, as well as estimates and allowances for indirect expenses such as books, supplies, transportation, and incidental and personal expenses.
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of Boston University are $52,082 for their students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $51,716.
For the 2018/2019 academic year, the total tuition fees are:
|Books & Supplies||$1,000||$1,000|
|Room & Board||$0||$15,720|
|Meals at Home/Meals On Campus||$2,360||$0|
Is Boston University a Public or Private School?
- Boston University is a private, non-profit, research university in Boston, Massachusetts.
- It offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorates, and medical, dental, business, and law degrees through 17 schools and colleges on two urban campuses.
- The newest school at Boston University is the Frederick S.
- Pardee School of Global Studies (established 2014), and the newest name is the Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development (renamed in 2018 following the merger with Wheelock College).
What Is SAT Score Required For the Boston University?
- Boston University typically requires applicants to be in the top 13 percent of SAT test takers.
- The average SAT score composite at Boston University is 1370.
- The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1380 out of 1600.