The Bonner Foundation is seeking applications for its program conducted at Centre College. This will include the Bonner Scholars program as well as the Bonner Leaders Program having 30 students each.
The Bonner Scholars will include the selected students with high financial needs with a maximum Excepted Family Contribution (EFC) of $1,200 and attaining an annual scholarship of $26,000. On the other hand, The Bonner Leader Program will include the students eligible for Federal Work-Study.
The Bonner Foundation was founded in 1990 by Corella and Bertram F. Bonner. The foundation conducts various programs to provide financial support for those in high need in exchange for services. The foundation’s recent program includes over 6,000 students at over 60 campuses.
Who May Eligible
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have a maximum Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $12,000.
- Scholars are required to participate in two summer internships at nonprofit organizations of their choice anywhere in the U.S. or abroad.
- The first-year Bonners can participate in a New Bonner orientation before the Centre College new student orientation, as well as a week-long service trip at the end of the school year, typically immediately after graduation.
- They must complete an average of 8-10 hours of service a week (140 hours per semester) during the academic year
- They must commit to approximately 2 hours per week of training sessions, enrichment workshops, retreats, and weekly seminars that address social issues and teach tangible skills.
How to Apply
Interested scholars to fill their details through an online application form.
- Candidates to apply for admission into the Bonner Program and should carefully consider the commitments and benefits that accompany acceptance into the program.
- Candidates will be considered either eligible to Bonner Scholar position or Bonner Leader position based on financial needs determined by the FAFSA and Centre Aid Form.
- The selected candidates will give an on-campus or Skype interview. Mid-March will notify scholars and Leaders.
Deserving scholars will get a chance to receive the below benefits:
- Scholars will receive an annual scholarship of $26,000 after the completion of school-year academic service requirements.
- Leaders will get a chance to participate in summer internships at nonprofit organizations of their choice anywhere in the U.S. or abroad. (limited funding available)
- During each summer of service, Scholars receive $2,500 for living expenses and an earnings stipend.
The applications will be dead by 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, February 9th.