The Bob Feller Act of Valor is pleased to announce its two scholarship program for the 2020/2021 school year. The award is conducted for U.S citizens who are students and veterans or service member.
The scholarship grant is introduced with a motive of assisting eligible students and veterans in the cost of quality studies. Through this program, scholars will be able to complete their education without any financial crises.
Bob Feller Act of Valor Award Foundation works as a private nonprofit organization. Its has a goal to educate youth about the valor, commitment and duty to country. They also inspire the youngest generation with the legacy of the greatest generation.
Who May Eligible?
Interested are asked to meet up with the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a student whose parent is currently serving with the Navy, Army, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, or in the National Guard or Reserve Component.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. High School or High School Equivalency/General Education Diploma Program
- Must graduate with a 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average (g.p.a.) on a 4.0 scale
Veteran or Service Member:
- Must be a United States Active Duty, National Guardsman, Reservist or Veteran with an honourable discharge
- Must have a financial assistance need/hardship
- Must be a graduated from an accredited U.S. High School or High School Equivalency or General Education Diploma Program
- Must have 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average (g.p.a.) on a 4.0 scale from
- Must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year where the scholarship will be applied
- Must have completed the application for VA Benefits (22-1990 or 22-5490)
- Must be enrolled at least Full-Time at the intended Institution
How to Apply
All candidates can download the application form and mail their required correspondence to The Bob Feller Act of Valor Award Foundation, PO Box 110 Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
- Must submit a 200 words essay. The topic can be found on the main page of scholarship
- Must provide letters of appreciation, recommendations, or certificates from community groups, clubs, and charity organizations have supported in the last two years.
For Veteran or Service Member:
- Must provide a copy of the Financial Aid Package at the intended Institution
- Must contain letters of appreciation, recommendations, or certificates from community groups, clubs, and charity organizations for who you have supported in the last two years.
The scholarship awards will be paid directly to the school or Institution selected and submitted in advance by the student or applicant.
The application deadline is for the scholarship is 30th April 2020.