The BMI Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization, offering BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship. The scholarship is open to the applicants who are currently enrolled as full-time or part-time students of a U.S. college or university.
The winners will be selected based on evidence of talent and potential as a jazz performer and composer, and the $5,000 scholarship will be given to them.
Who May Eligible:
In order to be participating in this competition, all applicants must be:
- Current full-time or part-time students of a U.S. college or university.
- Between the ages of 17 and 24, as of Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate in this competition, applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://bmifoundation.org/applications/form/bmi_future_jazz_master_scholarship_application
- Students who have been accepted to a U.S. college or university for future enrollment are not eligible.
- Potential first-time winners of the competition: former winners (other than Honorable Mention) of the BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
are required to submit the following:
- Three recordings (MP3 or MP4a files) of recent performances.
- At least one of these performed works must be original.
- There are no limitations as to age, style, instrumentation, or voice.
- Track listing that includes title, composer, and performance information for each submitted recording.
- A chart or score of any recording submission that is an original work
- The participant has an opportunity to win one $5,000 award.
Applications must be submitted online no later than Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 11:59 pm EST.
Direct all inquiries about the BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship to Pat Cook Director at email@example.com