Applications are open for the BMC ‘Research in Progress’ Photo Competition 2018 funded by the BioMed Central. The competition is open to the international applicants who are aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry. The overall winner will receive a cash prize of €550, while the runner-up will receive €350.
To fit their theme of ‘Research in progress’, they are looking for bright, modern and inspiring photographs that reflect innovation, curiosity, and integrity. Your image should be related to research and can be focused on any area of your work and from any discipline including physical sciences, mathematics, and engineering.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To enter this Promotion you must be:
- Resident in a country where it is lawful for you to enter
- Aged 18 years old or over (or the applicable age of majority in your country if higher) at the time of entry.
- This Promotion is void in Cuba, Iran, Myanmar, Russia, Ukraine, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
- This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families) of Promoter or any affiliate of Promoter.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate in this competition, applicants need to submit their entry by emailing their photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one entry per eligible person.
- Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
- Your image should be related to research and can be focused on any area of your work and from any discipline including physical sciences, mathematics, and engineering.
- Your entry must include the following details:
- Description (Max. 300 words)
- File type
- Data attribution (if applicable)
- Affiliation (if applicable)
- I agree to release this image under a Creative Commons License (CC-BY): Y/N
- Twitter handle (optional)
- How did you hear about this competition?
- Your image must conform to the following criteria:
- A minimum 300dpi (1831 x 1831 pixels for a raster image).
- In one of the allowable formats – EPS, PDF (for line drawings), PNG, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, DOC, PPT [Please note that it is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain permission from the copyright holder to reproduce figures or tables that have previously been published elsewhere.]
- In line with our policies on open access, entry to the competition implies release of the images under a creative commons license, to allow file sharing with proper attribution. By entering this competition you agree to make your entry available under such a license.
- The overall winner will receive a cash prize of €550 (~£490/$645)
- The runner-up will receive €350 (~£310/$410).
- The prize-winning images will be featured on the BMC blog, BMC website and in our promotional materials.
Closing date for entries is midnight, November 16, 2018, with winners being announced in December.