Applications are open for the College Scholarship Program conducted by the BLM2 Scholarship Foundation for the current year. The students who will be preferred eligible for the program are high school graduates planning to earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited, four-year college or university.
The program is designed to address the financial needs of minority college students and award those outstanding scholars. The rewarded amount will be significant enough to pay for the various educational expenses such as tuition, fees, and books.
The BLM2 Scholarship Foundation is a private foundation dedicated to advancing high school students with scholarships who have financial dependencies. The foundation supports graduating high school seniors with awards and services.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the students must be following the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Must be high school graduates who plan to earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited, four-year college or university with financial assistance
- Applicants must be permanent Illinois resident
- Scholarships are to be utilized at an institution of higher learning
- Applicant must hold a high school Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2019-2020 Fall Academic Semester
- Be a minority (e.g. African American, Hispanic, Asian or Pacific American or Alaska Native, etc.)
How to Apply
All applicants are required to download a pdf application form and submit it by mail to the address of PO Box 1632 O’Fallon, IL 62269 including the documents needed to qualify the program and to attain the award.
- Must list any academic honours, awards and membership activities while in high school
- Must mention your hobbies, outside interests, extracurricular activities, and school-related volunteer activities
- Must answer two essay questions. One is focused on racism/love, and the other is focused on leadership.
- Essay responses should not be less than 1,000 words and no more than 2500 words.
- Please feel free to use Microsoft Word to type your essays and attach it to the application.
BLM² Scholarship Foundation will be awarding one $1,000 scholarship to a student wishing to pursue higher education during the 2019-2020 academic school year. The funds will be paid directly to the school on behalf of the recipient.
The application deadline is July 3rd, 2020, to submit your documents.