The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology is now accepting applications for the BIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. Altogether, 61 fellowships will be awarded and implemented in top research in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain).
The fellowship is open to the applicants who have obtained a Ph.D. certificate before incorporation at the research center, who have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain and have at least one publication as the main author.
The fellowships are granted for 3 years including an annual gross salary of 36.000€ plus a single payment of 1.500€ relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply),
Who May Eligible:
To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- Mobility: To have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline (November 26th, 2018)
- Ph.D. date certificate: Ph.D. certificate should be obtained before your incorporation at the research center, at maximum May 1st, 2019. If you have not obtained your Ph.D. at the time to submit your application, indicate the likely date and provide documental evidence that you will obtain it.
- Publication as first author: To have at least one publication as the main author (either accepted or published) in an internationally reputed journal at the time of the deadline.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://bist.slideroom.com/#/login/register
By the deadline, the following documentation and information need to be presented to be eligible:
- Application form on personal data (online form to be filled in)
- Basic personal data and contact information
- Application form on the background (online form to be filled in)
- Specific background information on the Ph.D. title, previous works, results, awards, etc.
- Upload of the Ph.D. certificate or substituting document issued by the corresponding University or evidence on the expected date for submission.
- An indication of the preferred research topics (up to 3 topics in preference order)
- An indication of 2 reference persons who endorse your candidature
- Additional information relevant for the application and the eligibility, if applicable
- Letter of motivation (document upload)
- The cover letter addresses research interests and motivation for the application, as well as the applicant’s background and suitability for the fellowship.
- Curriculum Vitae (document upload)
- Applicants should indicate their scientific and professional trajectory and include information on publications, awards or other scientific merits.
- Candidates with career breaks or variations in the chronological sequence of their career steps are welcome to apply.
- Letters of reference: To have submitted two reference letters at the time of the deadline
The fellowships are granted for 3 years including:
- An annual gross salary of 36.000€ plus a single payment of 1.500€ relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply).
- Close mentoring and supervision through prestigious senior researchers
- A personalized career development plan
- A training program for scientific and transferable skills.
The deadline for the submission of applications is November 26, 2018, at noon (CET).