The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network Kosovo, in cooperation with The Advocacy Center for Democratic Culture (ACDC), is calling entries for Human Rights Reporting Award Competition. The competition is open for female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Entries are open for the competition to win awards for the three best journalistic pieces on TV, in print or online media in Kosovo that highlight abuses of the rights of minority communities, women’s rights and LGBT rights.
The journalistic prize will be accompanied by a monetary stimulation (1st prize 800 Euros, 2nd prize 600 Euros and 3rd prize 400 Euros) for each of the three winning stories.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
- Applications from qualified female and male candidates
- Candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate in the competition, all applications must be sent to email@example.com.
The initiative is intended to boost the coverage of human rights issues and the work of the Ombudsperson, and help to set new standards for media reporting. Stories will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Style of writing and writing skills
- The value of the story and the impact it has on the audience/readership
- Addressing the rights of minority communities, women’s rights, and LGBT rights in a unique manner
- The degree of logistical challenges
- Inclusiveness of the story
- Available sources used in information collection
- In-depth reflection of the current circumstances in Kosovo with regard to the specific marginalized communities
- The impact the report has had after publication
In addition to the basic criteria, the following will be taken into account for TV submissions:
- The quality of picture and sound
- The quality of video and sound
- Technical realization of the story
The stories submitted for the competition must have been published, aired or broadcast in Kosovo media during the period from November 1, 2017, to August 30, 2018.
- 1st prize 800 Euros
- 2nd prize 600 Euros
- 3rd prize 400 Euros
All applications for the Human Rights Award must be received by September 23, 2018, by 00:00.
Any questions related to the Human Rights Award can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.