The Black Hills Stock Show Foundation is receiving applications for their several scholarship programs conducted for the year 2020. The scholarship programs are created for every student who is in search of funds to accomplish their higher education. The students who will be eligible to apply for the scholarship program are high school seniors attending accredited universities or colleges. The high school seniors attending accredited technical institutes or two-year community colleges are eligible.
The foundation created the scholarship program to assist students financially in their journey of higher education. The program is introduced with a motive of helping as many students possible. The funds will help out students in covering up their educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books, etc. The recipients of the scholarship program will provide students with the adequate support they need.
The Black Hills Stock Show Foundation hosts several fundraisers and community events throughout the year, supporting annual higher education and technical training scholarships and community grants. The foundation is governed by an eleven-member Board of Directors whose responsibilities are to coordinate fund-raising, determine scholarship winner, and special projects to which foundation funds will be distributed.
The given table shall equip the entrant with additional details about the scholarship:
|Organization||Black Hills Stock Show Foundation|
|Educational Level||High school seniors|
|Number of Awards||12|
|Application Deadline||December 10, 2020|
|Requirement||Letter of acceptance, essay|
Who May Be Eligible?
Candidates must fulfil the given criteria in order to be eligible for the scholarship programs:
- Category I This Program is open to high school seniors attending accredited universities or colleges.
- Category II This Program is open to high school seniors attending accredited universities or colleges.
- Category III This Program is open to high school seniors attending accredited technical institutes or two-year community colleges.
- Category IV This Program is open to high school senior contestants invited to participate in the South Dakota High School Regional 20X Extreme Showcase.
- Category V This Program is open to high school seniors participating in the South Dakota High School Rodeo Association State Finals.
How to Apply
The eligible candidates are asked to submit their complete applications wither by mail or email. The students first need to download a pdf application form and fill it completely according to the given instructions. The complete form can be sent through email or mail to the given address. The students will be considered applicable for the scholarship program only upon the submissions of all the asked documents.
Mailing address: 444 Mt. Rushmore Road North; Rapid City, SD 57701
Emailing address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of acceptance from the post-secondary accredited institution you plan to attend (if you have received a letter of acceptance).
- Letter of recommendation from school administration or staff.
- Copy of high school transcript indicating GPA.
- ESSAY: “Advancing My Western Heritage Through Continuing Education and Career” (No less than 500 words)
- Current colour portrait of the applicant (headshots preferred)
The Black Hills Stock Show Foundation is currently offe0ingr 14 scholarships annually separated into five categories for an annual outlay of $34,000. The categories are:
- 5 – Category I Scholarships – $4,000 each (Scholarship payable in two payments over two years)
- 2 – Category II Scholarships – $2,000 each (One time award)
- 2 – Category III Scholarships – $1,000 each (One time award)
- 2 – Kevin Casey Memorial Scholarships (Technical School – One-time award) – $1,000 each
- 1 – Rypkema Memorial Scholarship – $4,000 (Scholarship payable in two payments over two years)
The deadline for applications is December 10. Applications must be emailed or postmarked no later than December 10. There will be no exceptions.