Looking to make a career move? Wondering what type of work best suits you? Career is something you will pursue throughout your life to get rewards of earning livelihood, satisfaction and a good position in your life.
Nothing in career strategy is more important than picking the career field that’s right for you. If you are at the starting point of your career, do not worry too much about choosing the best career option. Choose a path that you are likely to enjoy and start walking. The most straightforward path to that field is to build directly on your capabilities.
It is the important decision of life so you need proper determination and planning. In deciding a career, destination plays an important part. If you wish to reach a position of power, money or fame or whatever, that becomes a destination.
Get that right, and you may be headed to happiness and fulfillment in your work. If you’re not sure which direction your career should go in, you’re thinking about making a career change, or you just want to feel more fulfilled in your career, these top Clearest Path options might help.
The Clearest Path to a Career That’s Right for You:
What’s Important to You in a Career?
- Firstly, you need to make a career plan. “See Your Career as a Set of Stepping Stones, Not a Linear Path. – Jason Santa Maria”
- As with most things, your career will benefit if you have goals and a plan for it. Maybe you think you want to be a writer, but the next step after that is editing. (Do you really want to do that?) Or maybe you want to transition from being an editor to a restaurant owner. (How are you going to get there?) Map out where you want to go, with concrete milestones, as if it were a four-phase project.
Make a List of all Your Skills and Strength
- You should recognize the core capabilities that will help you make the decision to choose the right path option for your landing career.
- Think and identify the talents you are good at. Consider things like physical skills, practical tasks, and creative work. Whether you have a good communicating kill, designing skill, technical reasoning.
Explore Your Interest and Passions
- Determining your passion and interests is important. Before you can decide what kind of business you want to run, you need to know what will make you happy and what will make you want to stay up late hours once in a while to deliver a perfect work result.
- Identifying your interests is a rather less intensive process than understanding and defining your passions, which is why you should start understanding and defining your interests.
- The next step is to understand and define your passions. If you’re itching to discover your passion, then it’s time to clear your schedule and commit to making it your number one priority. 1- Be your own life detective, 2- Give yourself permission to explore, 3- Reach out to people, and 4- Stay open and flexible.
Keep in Mind What You’re Good At
- Think of what you enjoy doing, which may be different than your skills you are good at.
- Maybe you don’t feel that passionate about any specific career—or you love multiple areas and can’t decide on just one.
- Then it’s time to think about your personality and focus on the skills you have. “Don’t do what you love. Do what you are.”
Take a Test
- One of the main steps in thinking about a capability-driven career is to understand what to build on. Career assessment tests in college or even high school help narrow down a field, but if it’s been a while since you took those tests, there are other kinds of assessment tests you can take.
- Take a test is the easiest way to explore your own interest filed to choose the right path for your bright career. It will help you to matches your self-reported skills and interests with potential jobs.
SWOT analysis means to evaluate four sides of a career that will help to achieve your goal. S-Strength, W-weakness, O-opportunity, T-threats
- Strength means positive aspect of that career: For e., the strength of a career relating to physiotherapy would be that most of the people need it, one person would take several sessions, and it is linked with a necessity of health so it is an evergreen career.
- Weakness: Negative aspect like a lot of competition, overtime expected etc.
- Opportunity: Growth expected in that stream, the scope of promotion,
- Threats: Challenges you have to face in that stream.
Focus on Your Own Aspirations, Rather than Societal Expectations
- If you are considering choosing the right career path to make your future better then you should avoid societal expectations and start focus on your own aspirations. An aspiration give you strength to
List Down Your Priorities:
- You should make a list of your priorities as salary, position, your interest, more challenging in nature, etc. Now according to your priorities see what the career choices available are for you.
- You need to consider things like- location, schedule, the type of work, how much money you want to earn, the kind of people you’re working with, the level of autonomy, how much learning you want to have on the job…
Add New Skills and Strength
- Once you’ve identified the talents and capabilities you already have, consider what you need for career growth. Your target capability set can be expertise in a field or in a function.
- If you discover that the skills you have and the direction you’re headed isn’t your ideal path, you may wish to change fields. In this case, you’ll need a different personal value proposition, and it will require new skills and knowledge.
- Take the perspective of an employer or investor in a new field or function, and imagine what you’d need to add to persuade them to bet on you.
What will Actually Generate an Income?
- You can’t leave this point for last intentionally. When you decide to start your work at your interest filed you should also know about income that will come from your career job.
- Having a secure and stable income is one of the main reasons cited why we should stay in our jobs, even if we’re unhappy; and it’s one of the main criteria for most of us when making career decisions.
Think of all these points, understand your preference and move ahead. Because you can’t aspire to what you don’t know or are told you can’t do. We hope you end up with a list of viable options at least for you to consider. We wish you the best of luck in making this important decision!