U.S. Department of the State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs invites applications for Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship. It is open to the citizen of the United States who is an undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education.
This is a grant program that enables students of limited financial instruments to study or intern abroad, which provides important skills for our national security and economic prosperity.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible for a Gilman Scholarship, an applicant must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- An undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions)
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the time of application or provide proof that they will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of their study abroad program or internship
- In the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program of at least two weeks for community college students and three weeks for students from four-year institutions, in a single country or area and eligible for credit from the student’s home institution.
- Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement
- Applying for credit-bearing study abroad programs in a country or area with an overall Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2, according to the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Advisory System.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://gilmanapplication.iie.org/default.aspx
Over 2,900 scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded this academic year for U.S. citizen undergraduates to study or intern abroad.
The application deadline is October 5, 2021.